Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your point mate, but Marquinhos did go for huge money, plus he had played about 50 games. Stones is similair in that regard.

Are we a selling club ? Not really, only fellaini, arteta, rooney and lescott have gone. I think all four, maybe three without rooney, put in transfer requests, only rooney had to be sold due to financial restraints.

United and Arsenal have sold Ronaldo, Henry, Tevez, Nasri etc etc.... neither would be described as a selling club so why should we ?

Because according to the media is and Southampton are the only selling clubs in the league, and it's ok for Spuyhampton because they invest it in continental players unlike plucky little Everton the selling club. We must be the only club who doesn't sell their players that often to be so regularly labelled a selling club.

The club will look like right mugs if they sell stones, with all the unrest about the board at the moment I think it will be the final nail in their coffin if they choose to sell.
Wouldn't surprise me if they come out and say johns put a transfer request in just to make it easier for them.

Why? All Clubs say they aren't going to sell if they've got a player they don't want to leave. look at Liverpool and the Fresh Prince of Bellend going to City. Situations change daily let alone monthly, If Maureen is willing to spunk more than we regard his market value then why can't they accept. Yes, there will always be a difference between the Board and the fans as to what that value is, and the Board have to take things like the greater benefits to the Club into account, but nobody wants him to go. Every player has a price if there is someone out there with a blank chequebook.

And just because we sell a player we'd like to keep doesn't make us a 'selling club' either. We do not need to money to stay afloat, we don't need the money for new players, we'd be selling because it would in the Boards belief be the best financial decision for the Club. If we were a selling club then the offers would be a LOT smaller as they know we need to sell.

It 's my opinion that if it did get to the point that they'd been offered enough money to consider selling then the first thing they'd do is contact all the other Clubs who have asked to be kept informed of his availability in the hopes of pushing the price even higher.

Nobody has offered us £40M+ yet, and nobody has decided he's going (except strangely a few fans) who have been saying he's been sold when each of the previous bids have come in. We just have to hope that Chelsea get the message or there's already an agreement in principle with ManU/City for a bigger sum next Summer so the Board can just smugly sit there and turn the money down this year.

We're not a selling club per se but have a habit in the past of selling our best young, English talent because we can't afford to say no. United etc. CAN afford to say no but they know they can replace, we don't. If we sell Stones after saying he's not far sale how are we anything but a selling a club?

Like with Ashtonian, i see your point and agree, the problem with saying no, is that everyone says it to boost the price, every player has his price.
So yes your right, but at the same time No doesnt mean no, it means not for x amount but for y amount its a yes.

Now try getting DiBiase theme music out of your head ;)

Sorry I don't know what a WUM is, given that I am 50 and earn a six figure salary attention is not something I thrive for. Living in Australia you have a large number of mates of who you keep in contact with, all teams involved, we share banter and rumors which in turn I share.

Regarding the Chelsea rumors, I know someone who I went to university with who is contracted to work for Chelsea, he gives me info over incoming and outgoings as the paperwork side is something he is involved with.

One of the things I used to love about going the match was meeting in the Legion before and the banter of rumors etc. and probably the 10 pints of lager helped too.

I can understand why people like DAVIDMOYES and others leave the site as they are hounded because a few haven't heard it "first" (Example chicoazul and his excellent match review, the big thing on that is to be on the first pages replying)

Its certainly makes you wonder why have a rumors site if all you want to do is [Poor language removed] others for forwarding what they have heard on

@Peter5875 I realise you've said you don't like attention but I think it's only fair that the mods change the "Everton reject all offers for John Stones" name to "Everton receive eye watering £40m offer plus add ons from Chelsea for John Stones according to @Peter5875 mate who works for Chelsea and tells him stuff" if that's okay with you before it hits the papers?

Like with Ashtonian, i see your point and agree, the problem with saying no, is that everyone says it to boost the price, every player has his price.
So yes your right, but at the same time No doesnt mean no, it means not for x amount but for y amount its a yes.

Now try getting DiBiase theme music out of your head ;)

What the Hell is DiBiase

29cw5yq.jpg

Lunchtime Update: Ukrainian TV journo/commentator sticks his neck out and says he expects the deal to be tied up today - or something like that, might just be Google Translate taking the mick.

Probably not a blag account but who knows, these days I'm not even sure Twitter is real. In fact, I'm half convinced Yarmolenko isn't real.

So to sum up today so far...

A few still hanging onto the Yarmolenko twitter stuff being posted by kopites.

The Argie still no where to be seen. What's his name again?

Some Australian attention seeking fella is claiming Stones is all but gone for 46m. 3 weeks after the same club offered 20m. His word is gospel though because he is 50 years old and earns six figures.

Bungle drives a turdbox of a car.

Eric snorts the beak with prostitutes.

Still early I guess. Here is to the next 12 hours. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back