Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? All Clubs say they aren't going to sell if they've got a player they don't want to leave. look at Liverpool and the Fresh Prince of Bellend going to City. Situations change daily let alone monthly, If Maureen is willing to spunk more than we regard his market value then why can't they accept. Yes, there will always be a difference between the Board and the fans as to what that value is, and the Board have to take things like the greater benefits to the Club into account, but nobody wants him to go. Every player has a price if there is someone out there with a blank chequebook.

And just because we sell a player we'd like to keep doesn't make us a 'selling club' either. We do not need to money to stay afloat, we don't need the money for new players, we'd be selling because it would in the Boards belief be the best financial decision for the Club. If we were a selling club then the offers would be a LOT smaller as they know we need to sell.

It 's my opinion that if it did get to the point that they'd been offered enough money to consider selling then the first thing they'd do is contact all the other Clubs who have asked to be kept informed of his availability in the hopes of pushing the price even higher.

Nobody has offered us £40M+ yet, and nobody has decided he's going (except strangely a few fans) who have been saying he's been sold when each of the previous bids have come in. We just have to hope that Chelsea get the message or there's already an agreement in principle with ManU/City for a bigger sum next Summer so the Board can just smugly sit there and turn the money down this year.

Liverpool said "Hes not going for less than £50m"

Everton have said "He's not for sale"

Massive difference.

Of course we are interested. I'm sure we are interested in Messi too. I reckon we were interested in Pedro also. Otamendi? Aye probably...

Interested doesn't cut it and saying so is neither here nor there and is pretty pointless if you're not going to do anything about it. Of course Everton are interested, but that's not what we want to hear. Actions speak louder than words and nothing has been done about their 'interests' thus far.

Sorry wrong word then, if Roberto said "we have no intention of trying to sign him and have never had any intention of attempting to sign him". My point is, we have targets... the newspapers can say what they want, it's a bad assumption to make that everyone they say we are trying to sign is actually one of our targets.

Even after Roberto specifically said that there was absolutely nothing to the Evans rumours... people still flip out every time he's mentioned, it makes no sense whatsoever.

We wanted to sign both Cleverley and Deulofeu and did... we wanted to sign Ogbonna and didn't (people don't seem to upset about this.. I know I'm not). Can anyone say for certain that Roberto wanted to sign Shaqiri (or whoever) and we were beaten to him by Stoke? I completely get that some of the fans wanted us to sign him (and many other players), but Roberto is the one building this team and I honestly trust him and his decisions on who he thinks fits his own plans best.

When we say we are going to do business early and still do business on transfer deadline day... do we think this is bad planning or exactly as planned? This is pretty much exactly why Roberto wants the window closed before the season starts.... the approaching deadline introduces a new dynamic to transfers, it allows for the types of deals that can't be done at the start of a window because clubs want to wait and see if they get better offers. Clubs use this dynamic to get extra value from transfers, the problem is that currently that means we have to do business while the season has already begun.

Anyway, the only point i'm trying to make is that we shouldn't allow ourselves to get wound up by newspapers and online blogs... it's like being insulted by something Katie Hopkins says... she's only saying it because it captures attention... ignoring it is the best way of making it irrelevant.

Sorry I don't know what a WUM is, given that I am 50 and earn a six figure salary attention is not something I thrive for. Living in Australia you have a large number of mates of who you keep in contact with, all teams involved, we share banter and rumors which in turn I share.

Regarding the Chelsea rumors, I know someone who I went to university with who is contracted to work for Chelsea, he gives me info over incoming and outgoings as the paperwork side is something he is involved with.

One of the things I used to love about going the match was meeting in the Legion before and the banter of rumors etc. and probably the 10 pints of lager helped too.

I can understand why people like DAVIDMOYES and others leave the site as they are hounded because a few haven't heard it "first" (Example chicoazul and his excellent match review, the big thing on that is to be on the first pages replying)

Its certainly makes you wonder why have a rumors site if all you want to do is [Poor language removed] others for forwarding what they have heard on
computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

29cw5yq.jpg

Lunchtime Update: Ukrainian TV journo/commentator sticks his neck out and says he expects the deal to be tied up today - or something like that, might just be Google Translate taking the mick.

Probably not a blag account but who knows, these days I'm not even sure Twitter is real. In fact, I'm half convinced Yarmolenko isn't real.
The meter's real though mate. The meter's real.

Tell you what, he'd be a good signing though wouldn't he?

Sorry I don't know what a WUM is, given that I am 50 and earn a six figure salary attention is not something I thrive for. Living in Australia you have a large number of mates of who you keep in contact with, all teams involved, we share banter and rumors which in turn I share.

Regarding the Chelsea rumors, I know someone who I went to university with who is contracted to work for Chelsea, he gives me info over incoming and outgoings as the paperwork side is something he is involved with.

One of the things I used to love about going the match was meeting in the Legion before and the banter of rumors etc. and probably the 10 pints of lager helped too.

I can understand why people like DAVIDMOYES and others leave the site as they are hounded because a few haven't heard it "first" (Example chicoazul and his excellent match review, the big thing on that is to be on the first pages replying)

Its certainly makes you wonder why have a rumors site if all you want to do is [Poor language removed] others for forwarding what they have heard on
6 figures in Aud ain't that great, really.

29cw5yq.jpg

Lunchtime Update: Ukrainian TV journo/commentator sticks his neck out and says he expects the deal to be tied up today - or something like that, might just be Google Translate taking the mick.

Probably not a blag account but who knows, these days I'm not even sure Twitter is real. In fact, I'm half convinced Yarmolenko isn't real.

Can we create a thread for this, this guy has made this saga understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back