Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about the fact that everyone has known since last season - fans, manager, owners - that we are desperate for a creative force in this side yet here we are with the window just about open for another few days and it's still as far away from being sorted as ever, it's absolutely criminal. The negligence is off the charts.

I honestly think it'll be resolved on Monday/Tuesday, Dave.

No need to panic because he played today.

Maybe, maybe not. I see no firm evidence that this isn't just the usual load of bollocks that these owners play out for PR purposes though.

I have zero faith in this lot. I feel sorry for the manager who's been having the piss ripped out of him all summer.

When you think about the fact that everyone has known since last season - fans, manager, owners - that we are desperate for a creative force in this side yet here we are with the window just about open for another few days and it's still as far away from being sorted as ever, it's absolutely criminal. The negligence is off the charts.

Whatever happens the next 9 days will shape the aspirations of this club for years to come I think
- the Yarm or Lennon factor ??

Let's be honest the difference between €20 and €25 million euros is 3.5 mil roughly. Surely ffs our board could stump that up he's a vital signing. I don't mind us skimping around on other targets/deals but this needs doing.

If the board are not game then like has been said they need to move on and let the fans know.

If Everton fail to bring in Yarmolenko after it came out publicly that they were meeting with Kyivs owners and instead they sign Lennon the Boo's will ring out from the first whistle and multiple planes will be flown. Will get ugly fast. In no way is Lennon close to Yarmolenko.

Lennon is being treated like Abel Xavier on here. Bang out of order.

He came here for a few months, put in one hell of a shift, slotted right into the dressing room and never put a foot wrong. With Deulofeu signed and Yarmolenko rumoured, I get that people no longer think we need Lennon and that if we signed him instead of someone like Yarmolenko, then they'd be mad.

However, people are showing Lennon no respect at all. He was very good for us and seems a top lad. If we could flog the likes of McGeady I'd have him back in a flash.

Lennon is being treated like Abel Xavier on here. Bang out of order.

He came here for a few months, put in one hell of a shift, slotted right into the dressing room and never put a foot wrong. With Deulofeu signed and Yarmolenko rumoured, I get that people no longer think we need Lennon and that if we signed him instead of someone like Yarmolenko, then they'd be mad.

However, people are showing Lennon no respect at all. He was very good for us and seems a top lad. If we could flog the likes of McGeady I'd have him back in a flash.

A lot of people on here who admire Lennon always go to work rate. I'd rather have goals being scored, crosses being put in and through a balls getting played then someone running around the whole game. Yes hard work is great but no end product makes the hard work pointless.

Sorry but Lennon does not get me excited, just run Naismith out there, has the same work rate except he finds the back of the net once and awhile.

A lot of people on here who admire Lennon always go to work rate. I'd rather have goals being scored, crosses being put in and through a balls getting played then someone running around the whole game. Yes hard work is great but no end product makes the hard work pointless.

Sorry but Lennon does not get me excited, just run Naismith out there, has the same work rate except he finds the back of the net once and awhile.

It's about balance. See: Willian and Hazard at Chelsea.

And if you seriously can't tell the difference between Lennon at RM and Naismith, then I'm not going to bother arguing with you, as it's clearly a waste of my time. I bet Seamus Coleman could tell you the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back