Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about balance. See: Willian and Hazard at Chelsea.

And if you seriously can't tell the difference between Lennon at RM and Naismith, then I'm not going to bother arguing with you, as it's clearly a waste of my time. I bet Seamus Coleman could tell you the difference.

Who's arguing in the first place? I'm stating my opinion. You saw Lennon for yourself. Running your socks off is simply running your socks off. No end product.

From your example Lennon would our Hazard? * finds trash can to puke in*

Who's arguing in the first place? I'm stating my opinion. You saw Lennon for yourself. Running your socks off is simply running your socks off. No end product.

From your example Lennon would our Hazard? * finds trash can to puke in*

giphy.gif

A lot of people on here who admire Lennon always go to work rate. I'd rather have goals being scored, crosses being put in and through a balls getting played then someone running around the whole game. Yes hard work is great but no end product makes the hard work pointless.

Sorry but Lennon does not get me excited, just run Naismith out there, has the same work rate except he finds the back of the net once and awhile.
I have to agree with the sentiment expressed here.

Yes, the work rate of Lennon was and probably would be more than acceptable, but for the dosh that Levy will demand and bust his buns to extract from us to sign Lennon, the return in terms of goals, telling crosses and really a incisive contribution wasn't exactly jaw dropping last season.

For me, if we are going to buy Lennon it should be no more than £4 million.

You said it not me.

If you ask for a choice between Yarmolenko or Lennon on here I'm pretty sure it would be overwhelmingly Yarmolenko.

But hey when Lennon signs enjoy watching him run around and mis play crosses. After the game you can say how hard he worked.

Let's be honest the difference between €20 and €25 million euros is 3.5 mil roughly. Surely ffs our board could stump that up he's a vital signing. I don't mind us skimping around on other targets/deals but this needs doing.

If the board are not game then like has been said they need to move on and let the fans know.
Wages could be another factor!

You said it not me.

If you ask for a choice between Yarmolenko or Lennon on here I'm pretty sure it would be overwhelmingly Yarmolenko.

But hey when Lennon signs enjoy watching him run around and mis play crosses. After the game you can say how hard he worked.

Can you step back for a second and actually read my posts, please. I merely defended Lennon. He's being talked about like he's gash, when he isn't. Of course if you can't see what he brings beyond just his work rate then that's not my problem. And clearly Willian = Lennon, you daft sod.

Of course I'd rather sign Yarmolenko. For one, Bobby's said we're signing a number 10, and Lennon clearly isn't a number 10.

However I can hold the view that we need to make a major, creative signing and at the same time hold the view that Aaron Lennon was very good for us and doesn't deserve to be treated like a woeful signing.

I guess his goals, penalties created, free kicks around the box created are meaningless to you.

Those 2 goals and zero assists were AMAZING! Just think, given a full year he should score 4 goals and get 1 assist! How much does Levy want, give him the money we were going to pay for Yarmolenko

Can you step back for a second and actually read my posts, please. I merely defended Lennon. He's being talked about like he's gash, when he isn't. Of course if you can't see what he brings beyond just his work rate then that's not my problem. And clearly Willian = Lennon, you daft sod.

Of course I'd rather sign Yarmolenko. For one, Bobby's said we're signing a number 10, and Lennon clearly isn't a number 10.

However I can hold the view that we need to make a major, creative signing and at the same time hold the view that Aaron Lennon was very good for us and doesn't deserve to be treated like a woeful signing.

Fair enough.

Those 2 goals and zero assists were AMAZING! Just think, given a full year he should score 4 goals and get 1 assist! How much does Levy want, give him the money we were going to pay for Yarmolenko

Like I said...he created 1 penalty for sure...thinking two.

Plus loads of fouls around the box. But anyway...you clearly don't rate him. Have a nice day.

I'd have him over Naismith all day long.

Like I said...he created 1 penalty for sure...thinking two.

Plus loads of fouls around the box. But anyway...you clearly don't rate him. Have a nice day.

I'd have him over Naismith all day long.

I don't rate him no, not when compared to what else is out there and who we are currently linked to.

I could do without Naismith as well. But they both put in a shift.

I get that goal/assist stats are important, but there is far more depth to football than just that.

Naismith might score a lot of goals compared to Lennon, but you have to look at the impact on the players around him. It's a team game. I mentioned Coleman as his form improved noticeably when Lennon arrived (Seamus said as much himself), because he had an intelligent footballer ahead of him who had the presence of mind and physical fitness to cover for him at any point during the 90 minutes. For a team like us, having wide men who work well with their fullback is utterly key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back