Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The season ended with “Galo” finishing second to champions Fluminense with Bernard bagging 11 goals and 12 assists in 36 matches. The season culminated with Bernard getting his first game for Brazil against Argentina in the “Superclásicos de Americas” tournament. He had arrived on the big stage.

Bernard’s style of play is a pleasure on the eye for anyone who enjoys fast paced, exciting football filled with technical ability and trickery. Despite being able to play across the entire front three behind the striker, he seems to prefer the left wing. From there he gets to the byline with ease if he doesn’t decide to take on his man and cut towards goal. His vision is excellent and he’s as good at combining quick one-two’s as he is cutting defences apart with his passing abilities. The huge upside to Bernard is that he’s two-footed. He passes and shoots with both feet and is never pressured off the ball due to his inability to switch which foot he leads with. His small stature (he’s 5´5/1.67m) makes him an obvious target for bigger, burlier defenders, but his balance and low center of gravity is used to perfection as he wriggles through defences. He might need some time to adjust to the physicality of the Bundesliga, but in terms of tempo he seems to be ready for European football.

So after all the countless problems and woeful performances of last season, Roberto has analysed it all and come to the conclusion that all we needed was Tom Cleverly in the team and a few bits and pieces squad players.
Brilliant. Top 4 must be shitting themselves.
I think we've looked much better this season and cleverly has been partly responsible.

That aside, are you saying that we aren't trying for more players? Not sure the point you are making. Is it against the board, the manager, what?

I think we've looked much better this season and cleverly has been partly responsible.

That aside, are you saying that we aren't trying for more players? Not sure the point you are making. Is it against the board, the manager, what?

Well we are 3 games in, where are the big improvements required?
If the main area was a number ten then that should have been the priority - not scrambling around last minute.

Shakhtar paid £18m for the bloke themselves. If they're willing to let him leave for less than that after 2 years it suggests he's probably not very good. 2 goals in 37 in a league far worse than ourselves. Doesn't fill you with a huge amount of confidence. Not that we'll sign him anyway like.

He doesn't want to be in the Ukraine apparently which might have contributed to his poor form last season. His attitude has been questioned which might be a concern.

I was chatting to someone today and I suggested I'd love for us to have a Juninho (ex Middlesborough) type player. We need someone who can work in tight spaces - Bernard could possibly be that player?

i'll be honest i have serious doubts about bernard

for one i am not sure he's the type of player we need, at all.

For two i'm not sure he's the type of player who can thrive in the premier league, but others players of his size etc have done so maybe i'll be wrong

and i just think it'd be a massive, massive gamble for the money we'd need to pay.

I do just think this is the club making the echo do it to try and say to their chairman we have other targets, to try and get the deal done quicker though.

i'll be honest i have serious doubts about bernard

for one i am not sure he's the type of player we need, at all.

For two i'm not sure he's the type of player who can thrive in the premier league, but others players of his size etc have done so maybe i'll be wrong

and i just think it'd be a massive, massive gamble for the money we'd need to pay.

I do just think this is the club making the echo do it to try and say to their chairman we have other targets, to try and get the deal done quicker though.
Don't do it to yourselves lads it will be lennon on deadline day

Lennon & Evans it is ...

Enough really is enough.

Vote with your feet, it is the ONLY way.

Chelsea on the 12th - empty the place after 10 minutes.

Need a playmaker in asap but also need a LB coming in on loan imo. Can't rely on young Galloway and Oviedo for me is finished. Don't think we can recall Garbutt back either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back