Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think we should go for ashley cole on a short term deal with baines garbutt and maybe galloway out injured, and with oviedo not in the squad for some reason

To quote exactly what he said at the end there...

"That's what we're trying, I think it's important that we get the two, three players that we've been talking about. I think it's a really strong squad and with what we've got we still need to strengthen in certain areas and that's what we're going to do over the next few days."

I know he talks rubbish 99% of the time, but that doesn't fill me with confidence at all. Still umming and arring between 2 or 3 players.

So, I go to bed last night (Im 9 hours behind UK time here in Alaska) in a great mood. Looked really promising on a couple of transfer fronts, one of them possibly had the potential to be the most exciting prospect signing since Kanchelskis. I even thought there was possibility Mori and Yarmolenko would be introduced to the Goodison crowd before todays game, that would invigorate the crowd and players, and we would beat City.

Well we all know what happened next. Its just soul destroying sometimes. EFC are lucky we all love this club trough thick and thin, because they are so difficult to support sometimes. We don't know, and never will know the ins and outs of our transfer dealings, and who knows maybe we still do have a chance to get Yarmolenko, but I doubt it. I hope I'm wrong I really do.

Then we have to sit through another display of being completely outclassed by a team who have so many good players, so much money, yes they are faceless football club with even less of a faceless owner, but you know what, they are a good team to watch.

I love EFC, I really, really do. But until we can compete with the likes of Stoke, Spurs, West Ham etc in the transfer market, we are going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back