Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

...the thing is, if this happens, and there's a total of 6 then it'll become '...but we gave you six signings...SIX...not five but 6...' etc.

And we will all smile, some may laugh even, hysterically, whilst staring forlornly at their framed YARMOLENKO photograph on the mantle.

Or is that just in ours?

Still, there's always hope eh?

Should have known better really after this...

magician.webp

I feel a bit sorry for Lennon, who was good for us and I hope we sign him. However, people have been expecting a marquee signing and as a result if he is the best we get, then people will rightly be angry. Not his fault and I hope he gets a warm welcome.
I think there is a sneaking suspicion that the board is pocketing the Sky money and if there is no major signing, this will add petrol to that fire. I hope I am wrong and that we do actually get a game-changing signing...

dunno why people keep slating lennon, was class for us last season, top pro and did a very good job.

Without him we would have been much worse off.

We'll probably get him yeah, but we'll also definitely get a playmaker / yarmolenko type transfer too.
Why do we need him though? He served a purpose, we have Geri now so what's the point?

I feel a bit sorry for Lennon, who was good for us and I hope we sign him. However, people have been expecting a marquee signing and as a result if he is the best we get, then people will rightly be angry. Not his fault and I hope he gets a warm welcome.
I think there is a sneaking suspicion that the board is pocketing the Sky money and if there is no major signing, this will add petrol to that fire. I hope I am wrong and that we do actually get a game-changing signing...
He was great for us when he finally got his feet under the table last season.I hope he comes back.

What does Lennon offer Geri doesn't?

He's got pace, yeah but that's all. His final ball is piss poor also.
he's far better and getting back and helping coleman out. He's completely better defensively, and offensively he's pretty damn good too.

You can say the same about any of our wingers 'final ball'

Lennons actually proved to be for the most part sound when he was here, or did you just not watch the games he played in?

Martinez said a few days ago that we'll be doing business on TDD, right? If so, that imo will most likely be Aaron Lennon.
I don't think he will. I think he will wait till AL is out of contract and sign him on a free - see Cleverley.

I expect a loan or two on DD, with the permanent signings coming beforehand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back