Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dunno why people keep slating lennon, was class for us last season, top pro and did a very good job.

Without him we would have been much worse off.

We'll probably get him yeah, but we'll also definitely get a playmaker / yarmolenko type transfer too.
WAS NOT class. He worked hard as a team player because he needed to revive his footballing career. Steven Naismith can work hard as a team player. Lennon has no class.

WAS NOT class. He worked hard as a team player because he needed to revive his footballing career. Steven Naismith can work hard as a team player. Lennon has no class.
He was class mate. He might not do the fancy tricks that people on here associate with class, but for us he dragged us out of a very bad situation and was class for us.

If we don't sign Yarmolenko, we will sign someone else in that mould. 99% sure we're gonna spend over 10m on one player.

Calm

Completely disagree.

We'll get to deadline day, we will see no incoming transfers.

Stones may or may not go. Regardless, the speech from Martinez will be "there just wasn't the right fit for us" which will translate to "we tried for three players but we refused to meet the asking price/not pay in installments over the next century". Bill will say, regardless of Stones' sale/staying, that the "Roberto is happy with his squad, but the money will be there in January". If Stones does go, it'll be "for the good of his career, he asked to go, what was I supposed do to, I couldn't keep the lad if he wanted to go, I was crying on the phone to my mum like a blubbering 'kin child".

We will not see 'the money' in January, or ever. Mid-table teams have spent near £60m, we've spent £5m so far and we'll reach £15m at the absolute most this summer. That'll leave a forty-five million pound TV-money wad of cash which does not need to be spent on our debt and will not go towards a new stadium because we are never getting a new stadium under this board. The money will disappear and Bill will act like it doesn't exist.

yep, you could sense this already on the Yarmelenko post. Lennon looked a really good fit for us last season and pretty much turned our home form around. If he had been a non premier league player then a lot more fans would be demanding he was signed. The lad knew he wasn't a popular choice too but didn't let it get to him. Won me round totally but some people never want to say they were wrong. Even if we do sign someone for more cash I worry people will give Lennon stick for not being Ukranian.

If Lennon married a Ukranian lass, can he then apply for a passport?

That would keep everyone happy.

I Know is won't be popular but as things stand I'd rather have Lennon than Deulofeu, I really don't rate Deulofeu I've seen nothing from him that makes me think he'll be a success, seems to me he thinks he's a better player than he is, hope I'm proved totally wrong, but somehow I don't think I will be. By the way I don't thing Lennon is the answer to our problems out wide I just think he is a better option then Del boy.

He was class mate. He might not do the fancy tricks that people on here associate with class, but for us he dragged us out of a very bad situation and was class for us.

Hold on now let's talk about why he "dragged" us out. He stuck out so much for people in my opinion due to how crap and unmotivated we were as a team. He put the energy back in the team because he wasn't in horrible form and deflated due to results for a half a season like the rest of the squad who looked like they we're done with the season in February.

Hold on now let's talk about why he "dragged" us out. He stuck out so much for people in my opinion due to how crap and unmotivated we were as a team. He put the energy back in the team because he wasn't in horrible form and deflated due to results for a half a season like the rest of the squad who looked like they we're done with the season in February.
You've just described what he did that made him drag us out of a situation.. energy.. ability.. work rate and classy performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back