Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's far better and getting back and helping coleman out. He's completely better defensively, and offensively he's pretty damn good too.

You can say the same about any of our wingers 'final ball'

Lennons actually proved to be for the most part sound when he was here, or did you just not watch the games he played in?
Shock horror I did watch him. He gave us pace something we needed at the time. I just don't think he's the signing we need.

I feel a bit sorry for Lennon, who was good for us and I hope we sign him. However, people have been expecting a marquee signing and as a result if he is the best we get, then people will rightly be angry. Not his fault and I hope he gets a warm welcome.
I think there is a sneaking suspicion that the board is pocketing the Sky money and if there is no major signing, this will add petrol to that fire. I hope I am wrong and that we do actually get a game-changing signing...
yep, you could sense this already on the Yarmelenko post. Lennon looked a really good fit for us last season and pretty much turned our home form around. If he had been a non premier league player then a lot more fans would be demanding he was signed. The lad knew he wasn't a popular choice too but didn't let it get to him. Won me round totally but some people never want to say they were wrong. Even if we do sign someone for more cash I worry people will give Lennon stick for not being Ukranian.

I don't get the apathy towards Lennon tbh. Along with Stones, he saved our season last year. He has done more in an Everton shirt that Deulofeu has, but the two seem to be treated completely differently. Yes he is not the big name that we are all after but if we can bring him in as well, I think he would be a great addition to the squad.

Martinez said a few days ago that we'll be doing business on TDD, right? If so, that imo will most likely be Aaron Lennon.
Funes Mori and Leandro Rodriguez in this coming week. Farting around with speculation on known names to appease the fans. Lennon on deadline day.

That'll be us.

I am happy to see Lennon and Funes Mori join but will be gutted if we don't manage to bring in someone like Yarmolenko and/or Austin in.
I mean, we have had more than enough time to sort something. And I know other clubs are holding out for more cash but come on, we get a HUGE wedge of cash next summer (to add to what we already have this summer) so if it means we pay a couple of million more for each player to make sure we land them then go for it! Big club mentality.
I just have this bad feeling we will not get either of Yarmolenko/Austin and find out in 6 months it was down to failing to stump up a million here or a million there.
Still hoping that Martinez pulls off a couple of "big" deals but my faith is not strong right now - feeling frustrated and underwhelmed.
He spoke of knowing exactly the type of player he wanted but it's all looking a bit unstructured now.
Come on Everton!

I don't get the apathy towards Lennon tbh. Along with Stones, he saved our season last year. He has done more in an Everton shirt that Deulofeu has, but the two seem to be treated completely differently. Yes he is not the big name that we are all after but if we can bring him in as well, I think he would be a great addition to the squad.

The problem is we are once again signing players to just stand still from where we were at the end of last season. There is no apathy towards Lennon as a player and I think most want him back. There is a genuine need to add other players first though and so it's hard to get excited about signing a player who was already playing for us last season.

While you think he would be a great addition others, like me, would say that we've got too many players of his level here. If we really wanna challenge even for top 6 the signings have to reflect that desire.

The problem is we are once again signing players to just stand still from where we were at the end of last season. There is no apathy towards Lennon as a player and I think most want him back. There is a genuine need to add other players first though and so it's hard to get excited about signing a player who was already playing for us last season.
I know what you mean and agree.It's also hard to see Kev ,Gerry sat on the bench and Casper coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back