Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the board will use the stones issue last day of the silly season. They know they won't get away with selling stones and only bringing in average names like a Lennon or some 5 million forward type player. If they can't get in a decent player with a reputation they will hang onto stones. If we can get one in they have a cushion to fall back on the stones issue. They will claim to win either way. Maybe they will

If the TX window goes badly and STONES stays the club will roll out the following: 'It wasn't the window we had hoped for as the club was somewhat distracted by the attentions surrounding JOHN STONES's future, thankfully that's now passed...'

To sum up - 'don't dare have a pop at us, JOHN has stayed'

"We're still looking for 3 new faces to add to the core we've got"

Then cue the papers writing a "Martinez wants 3 new players" article for the 78365th bloody time.

hahaha... I am expecting... "we are looking for 3 players and are hopefully of something happening before the weekend".

Then the same next week, when the window is shut!

Banned. Every now and again the mods hit me with a 2 or 3 week ban. I think they might have feared I would go mental during the Yarmolenko rumour - and they were probably right. I'll be good from now on and keep my posting count low. Besides there's not much to talk about. I don't believe any rumor other than "Everton are looking to sign Lennon". The only big question is whether Stones goes and all window I have believed he wouldn't but I'm starting to get a real bad feeling about that one.
Surprised you returned after all the criticism you had of here on the other forum you posted on. The same forum you also got ripped on for your transfer bleatings.

Anyway their loss.

I think the stones issue should really be a non starter now to be honest. I know there is the '4th bid', 'selling last minute' and all of that but it is as simple as this, either;

1. The club said he isnt for sale, end of discussion.

2. The club have directly lied to the fans and sell stones.

Now for all the critisism for the board from the general fan base, they can't be that stupid to sell a player now after refusing any sale. So to be honest there shouldn't be any further discussion on him leaving now.

I think the stones issue should really be a non starter now to be honest. I know there is the '4th bid', 'selling last minute' and all of that but it is as simple as this, either;

Now for all the critisism for the board from the general fan base, they can't be that stupid to sell a player now after refusing any sale. So to be honest there shouldn't be any further discussion on him leaving now.

They'll hang themselves mate if they do it now...

If 1 and 2 were a poll I'd vote 2

Stones goes: Lennon and Evans in; 20+Mill vanishes into that black hole in BVI called other operating expenses

Can't see much interest in Gibson given his drink driving charge and his general fitness issues. Waste of a talented player.

Yeah that's true but there's interest in Joey Barton after everything he's done. Barton's a better player than Gibson of courae but any team who's seen Gibson play knows he can pick a pass and shoot. Ideal player for teams like Bournemouth and Sunderland who need players come for cheap. I'd loan him too. He won't be getting any game time this season imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back