Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's true. If we got Yarmalenko, Van Dijk and Austin for 37 million (14, 10, 13) and Sold Stones for 40, giving Barnsley there 4 or 5 million it would certainly strengthen us.

I do worry about that though. Van Dijk is still a young defender coming into a new League.

I use those players as examples but yeah, being able to strengthen more than one position makes a significant difference i think. Ok imagine selling stones and signing 3 great players this summer, then next summer we sell barkley for 40 million to city (needing an english player) and sign another 3 great players (meanwhile deadwood is end of contracted so wages arent built up).

All theoretical again i know. But point is we have sold 2 talents, but signed 4-6 players with the money that improves us, allows the likes of lukaku to see ambition and possibly wins us a trophy or two, allows us to break the top 4 and therefore pay for it and increase the exposure on the club commercially.

Could sign 6 dud players and it is a terrible thing but hidnsight is a wonderful thing.

Not at all. This is why the Stones thing has become very important though. I am glad we haven't rolled over, as when clubs then start to come knocking for our other young players they know they won't get them on the cheap.
I have said this before as well recently, we normally do that anyway. Lescott was not worth 24, fellaini not worth 27 for example. JEl and anich not worth thier prices either. We sell high and even if chelsea decide they want our young defender, if anything we have a track record of selling for more than value.

I think that's true. If we got Yarmalenko, Van Dijk and Austin for 37 million (14, 10, 13) and Sold Stones for 40, giving Barnsley there 4 or 5 million it would certainly strengthen us.

I do worry about that though. Van Dijk is still a young defender coming into a new League.
Barnsley get more than that, then agent fees and loyalty bonus, then an extra 6~7mil onto our annual wage bill. We wouldnt get great value for money

If we sell Stones we would need to take in Van Dijk, Yarmolenko and Austin along with them South Americans, even with them all signing which less face it will never happen we will still have a negative net spend, so I'd really hope the club fund free planes for every home/away fixture the anti board groups plan on flying. It's the least they could do.

Stones isn't being sold

Maybe he should be in order to get more players that we need.

I like Stones, think he has a huge upside however, at this rate with the board unwilling to spend on the quality we need, selling stones to bring in two decent signings or three is worth it.

Tough call, hold onto a defender who may or may not stop goals from going in or sign a couple players who will score and/or assist goals.

Oh well, neither will happen. Everton won't sell Stones and they won't bring in any players who will improve the squad any more.

I like Stones, think he has a huge upside however, at this rate with the board unwilling to spend on the quality we need, selling stones to bring in two decent signings or three is worth it.

Tough call, hold onto a defender who may or may not stop goals from going in or sign a couple player who will score and/or assist goals.

Oh well, neither will happen. Everton won't sell Stones and they won't bring in any players who will improve the squad any more.

Mate I probably would have leaned towards selling him for like £40m at the start of the window, but not now. 1 week to sign players with the money is mental and just wouldn't happen.

Plus Wood said he isn't being sold, and I reckon Chelsea have moved on.

So it's all moot.

Well this is what I posted on July the 14th when you lot all said I was talking drivel and that Bobby has his sites on a No10 and other targets.

We will see if I'm right or not. Not long to go now.

... you quoted ...

I think Evans and Lennon are our only two realistic signings from now and Lennon only if either Mirallas or McGeady go.

.. and yet Martinez has confirmed we're trying to get Mori in, who was at Goodison on Sunday, and has already denied any interest in Evans

Behave.

Mate I probably would have leaned towards selling him for like £40m at the start of the window, but not now. 1 week to sign players with the money is mental and just wouldn't happen.

So it's all moot.
Exactly, 40+ and a month to go get a top quality replacement and put more money towards a top quality playmaker would've been very tempting but I'd hate us sell now because
1. Everyone at the club has repeatedly said not for sale
2. We have very limited time and will be charged additional fees (See Liverpool signing Caroll)
3. Chelsea have acted like massive bells.
4. Most importantly, John Stones is boss and has looked as strong as ever in the last couple of games.

pretty sure we can buy yarmolenko without needing to sell stones.

So it's all moot.

I agree with not now. Too late to sell and teams would want more money for players knowing we sold Stones for a lot and are now desperate to get players on before the close of the window.

I think Everton should have told teams from the start if you want him it's at least £40 million to get to the table and go from there. When everything was said and done he could have been sold for more than that.

that's ok Lennon on deadline day will be a huge boost and all the fans will be thrilled at that piece of business. Andriy who???

Stones isn't being sold

Tough call, hold onto a defender who may or may not stop goals from going in or sign a couple players who will score and/or assist goals.

This is it really - if he's not going, we're not signing anyone decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back