Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will die on this hill:

A third of any potential Stones fee should be invested in signings like the man himself, Galloway, Henen and Holgate. This isn't FM or FIFA, it's the only model I've seen work in other sports that feature a similar handicap.

If the club can find worldclass players, fine. If not, find talent and develop it.

Why mate? Just to sell them on when they're good enough to do something? Selling Stones confirms we're a selling club and that if any youngster plays well he will get a move to a 'big' club.

Why the hell would you have lescott back?

If Stones goes we're left with Jagielka and Mori who doesn't know the league and, presumably, doesn't speak the language. Even if we could throw him straight in, we still need experienced cover. Lescott knows our back four and could slot straight in, plus he's left-sided, plus he's available. At this stage of the window we're going to be feeding on scraps. For the sake of a million quid Lescott could offer us some security while we reorganise ourselves. We could then look for somebody more long-term in January or at the end of the season.

Keep on backing this player mate. Good for you.

He's just stabbed you in the back like, but no matter.
He hasn't stabbed anyone in the back. We signed him from his boyhood club and while he was here he has been excellent and even though he probably wanted to move never acted less than professionally. He isn't an Evertonian. He didn't come through our academy. We didn't "make" John Stones. Stop it with this nonsense.

The board are at fault for not giving him any reason to stay.

If Stones goes we're left with Jagielka and Mori who doesn't know the league and, presumably, doesn't speak the language. Even if we could throw him straight in, we still need experienced cover. Lescott knows our back four and could slot straight in, plus he's left-sided, plus he's available. At this stage of the window we're going to be feeding on scraps. For the sake of a million quid Lescott could offer us some security while we reorganise ourselves. We could then look for somebody more long-term in January or at the end of the season.

Mori speaks English. Lived in the US for a while.

Shawcross
Vertongan
Williams
Gabriel

Personally.

You know we could do worse then buying an expierenced left side centre half for a couple of years, Id go Jose Fonte or even Lescott for a year tbh. I think Galloway will eventually be our left sided centre half.

Don't rate Fazio.
also, gabriel better than stones?...

he's played abar ten games mate.

Williams is bang average, vertonhgan is alright but very inconsistent.

Also, lescott or fonte, what is wrong with you? haha

fonte is about as useful as a used condom and lescott people are remembering the player from nine years ago, he's not the same and he's old useless and crap.

Do you not remember the lescott saga wow all is forgiven bring back Joleon.

Find it. Develop it. Sell it. The everton way.
I don't mind this if we actually handle the selling well. Sell high, reinvest well. It's basically how Chelsea make money, except they do it in the background while investing the profits in their first team. Lukaku basically paid for Costa while hardly starting a game for them. De Bruyne paid for Matic without ever kicking a ball.

Right now the players would have to go through our first team but it's still a model we could use. What I can't stand is the idea of selling players and the money not being reinvested in any way. That's just a 'model' that sees us desperately trying to keep hold of every player we have and then panicking when someone tries to buy them.

Shawcross; his back is done.
Gabriel will be back in Spain within a year; unproven here as well tbf.
Williams is what, 31? Average at best as well.
Vertonghen; nah, over rated and very inconsistent.
Do you not find Stones over rated ?? Massively overhyped and ripe for the picking if and frankly when he makes those suiside passes that martinez calls swagger. The press will destroy him. I love Stones...I love the way he oozes confidence on the pitch..he glides like Young..though I seem to remember a certain Rodwell having the same praise heaped on him. Wheres he now ?? Im all for keeping the best English players at Everton if they buy into us...the minute they want out is the minute I care less. * actually im rambling on in about three different areas there. My english isnt that great im afraid being english an all....

Sound. In 12 months, for whatever fee we see fit. Because we're not a selling club, so we'll sell him for what we value his contract at, safe in the knowledge the player cannot afford to go on strike as it balls up his England career - and we're not arsed anyway as he's only on £30k a week and can sit on it in the reserves if he so wishes.

At least that would be the case if we were Liverpool right now, because they actually know what to do in this scenario.
They sold Sterling.

Shawcross; his back is done.
Gabriel will be back in Spain within a year; unproven here as well tbf.
Williams is what, 31? Average at best as well.
Vertonghen; nah, over rated and very inconsistent.

1) because he's injured at the mo, that's a bit melodramatic mate and let's be honest Prob not true.
2) Best centre half with potential I have seen in many years including Stones, will be the top PL defender for many years, I'd go so far to say one of the best in Europe
3) 31 mate, Jags is 33, Distin was older when we signed him. Far from average mate, PL proven, has one silverware, European expierence.
4) terrific defender - Spurs don't know what to do with them.

Actually I'll add Phil Jones and Toby Alderweild as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back