Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawcross
Vertongan
Williams
Gabriel

Personally.

You know we could do worse then buying an expierenced left side centre half for a couple of years, Id go Jose Fonte or even Lescott for a year tbh. I think Galloway will eventually be our left sided centre half.

Don't rate Fazio.

I think that Roberto will probably want Galloway and Browning to step up from next season. They're similar to Stones: athletic and comfortable on the ball. Plus we will have Mori. We just need to create some stability while those players develop, so that we don't put too much pressure on them too soon.

I don't think that any of the players that you've mentioned would be let go willingly by their clubs and we'd have to pay an inflated price to sign them, especially because they'll know how much we've got in the bank from the Stones sale, which will in itself set a higher bench mark.

I don't mind this if we actually handle the selling well. Sell high, reinvest well. It's basically how Chelsea make money, except they do it in the background while investing the profits in their first team. Lukaku basically paid for Costa while hardly starting a game for them. De Bruyne paid for Matic without ever kicking a ball.

Right now the players would have to go through our first team but it's still a model we could use. What I can't stand is the idea of selling players and the money not being reinvested in any way. That's just a 'model' that sees us desperately trying to keep hold of every player we have and then panicking when someone tries to buy them.

The difference being that Chelsea have a habit of doing so with squad players. We only seem to do it with first team players :(

No doubt, hes stuffed us and stuck a big finger up to us. I do think the situation has changed which has made him think, oh maybe if i go i won't be on the bench. Its the only thing that i can put together in my head to make this decision logical
He has wanted to go from almost the very beginning but didn't want to have to take the measure of handing in a transfer request and do a Sterling. Now with the deadline coming up and Chelsea threatening to move on he has felt he needed to take this action.

Either that or it's just a big conspiracy and was planned all along to take pressure of the board. Honestly I'm not sure which. Maybe a bit of both.

I watch a LOT of football mate.

The fact you think someone who has played six games in the premier league is better than stones is insane.

Football exists outside the hyper bowel,of the PL mate. I wondered whether he would adjust to the PL, after watching him closely I have no doubts. It's important to watch games and judge players, not just keep an eye on the ones SSN hypes. Stones is a good player with great potential, but he's overhyped he has a hell of a long wat to go.

He is better then Stones IMO.

What defenders are there out there that are like Stones, ball playing defenders? I don't watch enough football outside of the prem!

Maybe not as good as him or with the same potential but the same mould?
Van Dijk, I think he'll be off to Southampton though.

This. Almost DEFFO...except that he's wanted to go for some weeks. It's a game, the club plays it often. And the only prob with it is that it's glaringly obvious...

We are EXCELLENT negotiators. Stones hasn't looked like a player who didn't want to be there though. His performances have been very good. It's possible that he had wanted to stay but has had a sudden change of heart or there has been some outside influence.

Football exists outside the hyper bowel,of the PL mate. I wondered whether he would adjust to the PL, after watching him closely I have no doubts. It's important to watch games and judge players, not just keep an eye on the ones SSN hypes. Stones is a good player with great potential, but he's overhyped he has a hell of a long wat to go.

He is better then Stones IMO.
I watch football from all leagues mate, it doesn't bother me what league it is as long as it's a good game so i don't know why you're trying to lecture me.

If i gave in to the ''SSN'' hype as you're trying to badly portray (crappy tactic to dismiss what i'm saying) i would have went along with selling stones a long time ago since it's all they've wanted since the start of the window.

He isn't overhyped, he's just class.

I think that Roberto will probably want Galloway and Browning to step up from next season. They're similar to Stones: athletic and comfortable on the ball. Plus we will have Mori. We just need to create some stability while those players develop, so that we don't put too much pressure on them too soon.

I don't think that any of the players that you've mentioned would be let go willingly by their clubs and we'd have to pay an inflated price to sign them, especially because they'll know how much we've got in the bank from the Stones sale, which will in itself set a higher bench mark.

Have to agree mate but I wouldn't mind buying quality in that position. The first players I mentioned were to illustrate a point.

Jose Fonte or Lescott would be ideal, year/two - fill a gap untill the young lads develop. Much better alternative then The Fazios of this world.

I watch football from all leagues mate, it doesn't bother me what league it is as long as it's a good game so i don't know why you're trying to lecture me.

If i gave in to the ''SSN'' hype as you're trying to badly portray (crappy tactic to dismiss what i'm saying) i would have went along with selling stones a long time ago since it's all they've wanted since the start of the window.

The very fact Chelsea are being the way they are underlines just how class he is and will be.
Face facts people.

Ok mate. You will know how good Gabriel is so!

Ok mate. You will know how good Gabriel is so!
I actually happen to think Gabriel is a decent player mate.

But he's played at most eight games in english football. And that just isn't enough to prove he is better than stones, and the other players you listed were laughable really.

Also.. lescott or fonte mate, really.

Come on lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back