Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are EXCELLENT negotiators. Stones hasn't looked like a player who didn't want to be there though. His performances have been very good. It's possible that he had wanted to stay but has had a sudden change of heart or there has been some outside influence.

'EXCELLENT NEGOTIATORS'???? Hmmm, the 'dig in, wait, yesssss...' method innit.

Except when it's the 'Balls, we've badly goosed that' method.

Either/Or mainly.

Yes mate, he's played well enough though... but I fear his pipple was twizzed on the move a while ago and the rest of the palaver, simply, has been a bit of a dance to get to here. Where it was always gonna get to.

Still, EVANS though eh, may not be tactically aware but he's a boss gollier.

He has struggled with his present club who paid 22 million - he was in the Brazil team hamreed by Germany - he is 2 Nd choice !
Ok hold on ... The WC game was not down to him that's silly ... Germany are one of the best teams imaginable and Brazil's defence while good going forward was always going to have trouble going against that type of organized but class team also not to mention the fact that the talisman Neymar was out and he was asked to fill in. Also his struggles at his current club could be down to a lot I'm just saying that if we do end up signing him I'll be awaiting his first few performances before judging.

Don't think he's an option either way mate. Gonna need another cb after Funes Mori signs and I'm willing to bet £1 it would be Evans as he will want someone with experience who can slot on straight away.

I will punch myself repeatedly in the nuts if Fazio signs.

We're not getting Evans to start alongside Jagielka.

They'd be the least intimidating centre back partnership in the league.

Don't think Evans is good enough, also a issue with him being slightly injury prone and let's not forget that spitting incident. Think we would do well avoiding him.

We play with 2 (count em!) DM's EVERY SINGLE GAME and yet we still look as flaky as a fresh danish through the centre - Somethings not right
We all know it's not the fault of Jags and Stones. Defending just like attacking is a team game. Our problems are down to tactics and the fact we turn the ball over in dangerous areas.

Have to agree mate but I wouldn't mind buying quality in that position. The first players I mentioned were to illustrate a point.

Jose Fonte or Lescott would be ideal, year/two - fill a gap untill the young lads develop. Much better alternative then The Fazios of this world.

I do buy into Roberto's 'golden generation' ideal. Maybe we could see Browning and Galloway playing either side of Jagielka? It would kind of stick two fingers up to Mourinho to say "thanks for the £40m, but we've got another two coming off the production line who are going to be just as good anyway!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back