Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are all fuming about selling stones. meanwhile chelsea have bought Pedro and are trying to bring in Paul Pogba. The gap just gets bigger by the year. I love everton but can't say i love football like I used to. Having four english teams playing in the 'champions league' has polarised our league even more unless you do a city and buy your way in. Ive romantically dreamt of everton doing it the proper way but this just aint going to happen. I hope the south americans turn into the next Forlan and Passarella but I'm fed up of taking punts and ending up with Joao Silva and Antolin bloody Alcaraz

Ospina
Van Dijk
Funes Mori
Yarmolenko
Striker (Loan if need be)

This is the only way I'd accept the loss of Stones. Which means there's about 0.000007% chance of me accepting the loss of Stones.

I actually happen to think Gabriel is a decent player mate.

But he's played at most eight games in english football. And that just isn't enough to prove he is better than stones, and the other players you listed were laughable really.

Also.. lescott or fonte mate, really.

Come on lad.

Guess we have to agree to differ mate, I don't think we agree on much to be honest - when it comes to football, who would you like mate?

I actually happen to think Gabriel is a decent player mate.

But he's played at most eight games in english football. And that just isn't enough to prove he is better than stones, and the other players you listed were laughable really.

Also.. lescott or fonte mate, really.

Come on lad.

Lescott can sniff it but I actually think Fonte is a decent cb you know mate, think he would suit us but they wouldn't sell him cheap. Fair play to the Saints, they get decent dollar for a lot of their players ( usually the overrated crap ones )

What defenders are there out there that are like Stones, ball playing defenders? I don't watch enough football outside of the prem!

Maybe not as good as him or with the same potential but the same mould?

Arise, Sir Paul

15-2013-14-paul-mcshane116-1035226_231x264.jpg

Guess we have to agree to differ mate, I don't think we agree on much to be honest - when it comes to football, who would you like mate?
If we're going to sell stones i'd like us to spend proper money on a proper center half, to come in along side funes mori, that or another young defender like laporte or someone of similar ilk.

The club has form for using this form of spin. I would imagine that a lot of people have been talking to him, telling him to keep his head down and focus on his football and that is exactly what he has done. In that circumstance, it's difficult, but he can concentrate on his performance and try to zone everything else out.

I think that the club has bided it's time until the end of the window to try and extract the maximum price from Chelsea, just as they did with Fellaini's transfer to United. The player will have been told that he will need to hand in a transfer request though, as this takes the heat off Kenwright and Martinez. Stones, feeling like he has no option to refuse, obliges. Handily, it also saves us from having to cough up any loyalty payments.

Even if the club aren't behind it, Stones has obviously wrestled with this decision. Everton have great promise and he obviously feels settled at the club but Chelsea will be playing in the Champions League regularly and competing for cups and titles. He would get the opportunity to work with perhaps the best manager in the world and the chance to realise his full potential.

I remember reading about Gerrard saying that he had a panic attack when deciding about whether to leave Liverpool for Chelsea and that he called the club doctor and his brother for reassurance. It can't be an easy situation and I'm just thankful that he's handled it better than Stirling.
I have zero sympathy for Stones. He's made his bed, let him lie in it.

Lescott can sniff it but I actually think Fonte is a decent cb you know mate, think he would suit us but they wouldn't sell him cheap. Fair play to the Saints, they get decent dollar for a lot of their players ( usually the overrated crap ones )
disagree mate, think both are pretty average and not all that good.

He hasn't stabbed anyone in the back. We signed him from his boyhood club and while he was here he has been excellent and even though he probably wanted to move never acted less than professionally. He isn't an Evertonian. He didn't come through our academy. We didn't "make" John Stones. Stop it with this nonsense.

The board are at fault for not giving him any reason to stay.
The board are at fault, and he is too. He went along with the ruse. No free pass from that I'm afraid...especially when he said in July he wanted to remain here.

Why be 'gentlemanly' about this? He;s just rejected Everton and frigged off at the last moment when we're desperate.

You be magnanimous if you want. I'll call him for what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back