Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can Yarm be going to Barca? Thought they have a transfer ban...
Their 'transfer ban' was a farce. They appealed it and bought all the players they needed last summer. Now they're technically banned but only from registering players so they can buy whoever they want, they just can't play until January. It barely affected them at all.

efc.webp

If we were going to spend we would have already done so.

Don't kid yourself and think the board haven't planned for this scenario all window.
mate, i think this board is as useless as the next guy i really do - I just struggle to imagine them being smart enough to engineer a situation as well planned and perfectly executed as this. They can't even get basic things right let alone construct some JFK level conspiracy where we drag some young innocent player along all summer and then convince him to take the fall by handing in a transfer. I think they are just too incompetent to create such a well crafted situation but this is just my opinion.

i'm just proper 'meh' at the moment, everyone we're linked with as stones replacement seems crap and i'm just feeling like whats the point if we sell our best assets.

sell to survive / maintain.

It's pretty depressing

It is. But it only takes a win (probably not tonight) but at Spurs and the love will still be there.

This isn't anywhere near as bad as Big Dunc leaving, nor when Alan Ball left from all the stories i'm told about that. Worth a bit of perspective at times.

I never said they didn't happen. However we tried to get Yarmolenko on the cheap and Shaqiri on loan otherwise we would have both players.

We'll see were we are in a few days time. We can make our minds up then.

We've bid sufficiently for both but been blocked by an owner who wants to keep his player and the other choosing Stoke you biff.

Why wait a few days to make our mind up when you have already against a backdrop, as usual, of overwhelming contrary evidence?

This is your problem, you type utter crud opinion and patronise it off as fact.

What should happen:
Sell stones, buy yarmolenko and a ready replacement (the cb from Kiev will do) and get in another striker who is actually good at slotting.

What will actually happen:

Sell stones, play browning as jags' partner for the season, get this river plate chap as cover/competition, buy Lennon and one more loan to make up the numbers.

Prove me wrong please Everton!!

We've bid sufficiently for both but been blocked by an owner who wants to keep his player and the other choosing Stoke you biff.

Why wait a few days to make our mind up when you have already against a backdrop, as usual, of overwhelming contrary evidence?

This is your problem, you type utter crud opinion and patronise it off as fact.

Wow, Im just surprised he doesn't have you on ignore.

mate, i think this board is as useless as the next guy i really do - I just struggle to imagine them being smart enough to engineer a situation as well planned and perfectly executed as this. They can't even get basic things right let alone construct some JFK level conspiracy where we drag some young innocent player along all summer and then convince him to take the fall by handing in a transfer. I think they are just too incompetent to create such a well crafted situation but this is just my opinion.
It's not that complicated.

I don't think they engineered Shaqiri. I think there was a chance they could get him on loan and they thought that sounded good.
As for Stones. Everyone from Lineker to other players is telling fans that this is how the game is played so as to shift blame on to the players from the owners.
I don't know about Yarmolenko but it doesn't look good. It depends on how cynical you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back