Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is serious or the shock of the last couple of days has got to you.

I am hoping its the latter.
No unfortunately not. We will need bodies over the coming few seasons and I think it's now obvious that Martinez won't be given a positive net spend budget even with the TV money. I don't know if that's simply to pay down debt, other operating costs or to build a stadium but that looks like the situation we are in.

Given that then Lennon is decent and Roberto is both young and decent and with Osman, Gibson and Barry possibly leaving the club next summer. Barkley will also only have two years on his deal next summer so he will most likely go too. We will need bodies in those positions.

Ultimately it all depends on the budget Martinez is given. Personally I would have bought Yarmolenko and kept Stones and asked him as a personal favour to give him one more year and tried to win a pot. I think we would have made money on Yarmolenko, probably big money and I don't think we would have lost money on keeping Stones for a year and possibly made money. But it's becoming all too obvious the board couldn't or didn't want to risk that.

If Chelsea are offering 40+ then I would hope we get it all in cash.

Call to Kiev - Yarm'
Call to Celtic - Van Dijk
Call to Spurs - Lennon

Those incomings, along with Mori (never seen him player but adds squad depth) would mean with Cleverley and Deulofeu we are stronger than we were imo

No unfortunately not. We will need bodies over the coming few seasons and I think it's now obvious that Martinez won't be given a positive net spend budget even with the TV money. I don't know if that's simply to pay down debt, other operating costs or to build a stadium but that looks like the situation we are in.

Given that then Lennon is decent and Roberto is both young and decent and with Osman, Gibson and Barry possibly leaving the club next summer. Barkley will also only have two years on his deal next summer so he will most likely go too. We will need bodies in those positions.

Ultimately it all depends on the budget Martinez is given. Personally I would have bought Yarmolenko and kept Stones and asked him as a personal favour to give him one more year and tried to win a pot. I think we would have made money on Yarmolenko, probably big money and I don't think we would have lost money on keeping Stones for a year and possibly made money. But it's becoming all too obvious the board couldn't or didn't want to risk that.

Lennon doesnt improve us as a team no matter how good he was for us last season, he basically levels out with what he had last season - plus the fact we have Deulofeu, Mirallas and McGeady (spit spit) in that position means surely thats not a priority.

As For Evans... i mean he had a good season what 3 years ago now. Injuries, poor form, injuries poor form, thats how the script has gone since. He doesnt improve us, if anything, if stones goes and evans comes in we are much much weaker.

Roberto - cant comment, but we arent spurs we dont need more centre mids, who arent forward thinking and creative.

Bodies am all for - but only when the first team is improved on last season - then Mori and everyone else can fill the squad and play in the cups.

We already have the money for Yarmolenko and Mori supposedly, Lennon and Evans wont cost much so we should have another 25-30m to spend.

We already have the money for Yarmolenko and Mori supposedly, Lennon and Evans wont cost much so we should have another 25-30m to spend.

We never had the money for them - the terms of payment on both deals where based on the drip over the course of the contract.

We do not have a lump sum of money people.

Lennon doesnt improve us as a team no matter how good he was for us last season, he basically levels out with what he had last season - plus the fact we have Deulofeu, Mirallas and McGeady (spit spit) in that position means surely thats not a priority.

As For Evans... i mean he had a good season what 3 years ago now. Injuries, poor form, injuries poor form, thats how the script has gone since. He doesnt improve us, if anything, if stones goes and evans comes in we are much much weaker.

Roberto - cant comment, but we arent spurs we dont need more centre mids, who arent forward thinking and creative.

Bodies am all for - but only when the first team is improved on last season - then Mori and everyone else can fill the squad and play in the cups.
It is a priority if you don't want to see McGeady play. Besides Lennon offers us more defensively and I don't think Martinez will ever play Mirallas and Deulofeu together. Basically Lennon is a decent player at a reasonable price. Same with Evans. Same with Roberto when Barkley leaves.

Make no mistake this isn't a team to improve us. This is a team to keep us comfortably mid-table while we asset strip our best players because that's what we're about to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back