Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pienaar is fine.
Gibbo is amongst a multitude of CM.
Hibbo is 3rd choice probably but still fine.
All the above still in squad so don't need replacing - yet.

So only Distin actually needs a ready made replacement.
Given his injury record since he first signed, I don't see that any manager could plan around Gibson for the forthcoming season

Last season Sky really pushed the Lukaku to Wolfsburg deal while Sky bet advertised the 'next club' market for him. They do it all the time, great money maker for them.

So i can pick a player at random lets say victor wanayama'
Sky make a complete and utter useless rumour 'liverpool are thought to be keeping tabs on southamptons victor wanayama sky sources tells us'
You can now go to skybet and bet on victor wanayama's next club

So does anyone believe the rumors that we're in for Januzaj. If they are true then Martinez must really believe he's going to be some player because it seems like they've been around for ages, all the way back to last January.

English trio chase Jordan Ayew

Lorient striker Jordan Ayew is a target for Everton, Aston Villa and Crystal Palace. Lille had been interested, but are likely to have been priced out of the market due to interest from these sides.

Source: L'equipe

---

Would be a pretty solid 2nd striker, if you ask me. Not sure how much would he cost us, tho.

Left sided play maker. A position for some reason Martinez just doesn't want to fill. I think it's possible.
He doesnt get in ahead of pienaar, kev, Del. And hes on way to much money. Wont happen and i hope it doesnt happen, Macheda mark 2

He doesnt get in ahead of pienaar, kev, Del. And hes on way to much money. Wont happen and i hope it doesnt happen, Macheda mark 2
I'm not sure Pienaar has another season in him and he's totally different to Kev and Del. His biggest attribute is his ability to assist which is what we need. You might be right that he's overrated and might not make it but is there any 20 year old kid you can't say that about? I just think with these rumors going on for so long maybe Martinez is buying his time so he gets the player he wants. It would be consistent with how Martinez works.

I'd agree with needing a playmaker. Osman can't last forever. And I'm not totally sold that Cleverley can be the man.

Plus Pienaar, Gibson, Distin, Hibbert all need to be replaced.
My view is that Osman will be replaced by cleverly. Neither are fantastic as playmakers. But they can be efficient. Osman used to be fantastic when he was a bit quicker at keeping possession.but now he's aged and slows the game down too much. Cleverly will help us raise tempo ImO

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back