Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Vlaar as he has proven he can do a job in the Premier League and he'd be our third choice centre back and not on huge wages. So the money we save from a transfer fee for him can go on areas we're looking at first XI players in; namely play maker and striker. No idea who we are capable of attracting though.

Missus sent me the shop to get a chocolate bar and she gave me a quid.
Lion bar cost about 80p but there was a fella in front of me in a west ham top who bought it for 1.20.
Cadburys milk n nut was 65p but someone in a newcastle top bought it for 75p
Still plenty of chocolate bars to pick from and decided on a mint kit kat chunky which i got for face value at 70p
Got it home and the missus was made up i never got the other 2 cos kit kat chunkys well better and i didnt get ripped off.
Then i got a blowie
Are you suggesting Bill's gobbed Roberto off for not wasting his money...

We still need a centre half, play maker and winger as an absolute must. A striker and goalkeeper would be a bonus.

Ospina at 26 would be a great buy in my opinion - still young for a goalkeeper.
Still like the idea of Van Dijk who is still available, if not Ron Vlaar on a free wouldn't be bad...
Shaqiri or Mertens for the winger would be unbelievable business - can't see either of them joining myself though.
In terms of a play maker - I'm not sure who we can afford for a reasonable price? Can Sergi Roberto play there? If so, a loan move for him would be excellent business and really give us that top player maker we need to feed Rom.

I'd agree with needing a playmaker. Osman can't last forever. And I'm not totally sold that Cleverley can be the man.

Plus Pienaar, Gibson, Distin, Hibbert all need to be replaced.

I'd agree with needing a playmaker. Osman can't last forever. And I'm not totally sold that Cleverley can be the man.

Plus Pienaar, Gibson, Distin, Hibbert all need to be replaced.

Pienaar is fine.
Gibbo is amongst a multitude of CM.
Hibbo is 3rd choice probably but still fine.
All the above still in squad so don't need replacing - yet.

So only Distin actually needs a ready made replacement.

If you think about it.
Deulofeu - Cleverley - Hennen - that's three.
Plus McAleney, Galloway and Browning stepping up. That makes six new players in the squad.
If we could swap Kone for something more useful and get a new keeper. I will be pleased.
I'm not convinced McAleny will see much game time this season. Galloway either, though that's because I think he'll go out on loan. Martinez said he sees him playing his next 30 games at Left Back and I would assume we'd be keeping Oviedo as back up in that position after Garbutt goes out on loan.

We still need a centre half, play maker and winger as an absolute must. A striker and goalkeeper would be a bonus.

Ospina at 26 would be a great buy in my opinion - still young for a goalkeeper.
Still like the idea of Van Dijk who is still available, if not Ron Vlaar on a free wouldn't be bad...
Shaqiri or Mertens for the winger would be unbelievable business - can't see either of them joining myself though.
In terms of a play maker - I'm not sure who we can afford for a reasonable price? Can Sergi Roberto play there? If so, a loan move for him would be excellent business and really give us that top player maker we need to feed Rom.

I think if Mirallas stays, Pienaar can stay fit for the most part of the season and we sign a playmaker then we can live without another winger, even if we offload McGeady.

My priorities with our current squad would be:

1) Centre back
2) Playmaker
3) Goalkeeper/Striker equally important.

I just don't think I could deal with it if Lukaku sustained a bad injury. I'd sooner see Chris Long given a shot than watch Kone lead the line for us next season.

Sky sports transfer news that mirallas has been cut to 3/1 to go to spurs while west ham still remain favourites at 6/5 for his signiture.

Just underneath it states.... you can bet on over 50 potential transfers at sky bet.

Now correct me if im wrong but how can you impact the market by picking and chosing what transfers you report?

Sky sports transfer news that mirallas has been cut to 3/1 to go to spurs while west ham still remain favourites at 6/5 for his signiture.

Just underneath it states.... you can bet on over 50 potential transfers at sky bet.

Now correct me if im wrong but how can you impact the market by picking and chosing what transfers you report?

6/5? Whoever is betting on that is an absolute mug.

Last season Sky really pushed the Lukaku to Wolfsburg deal while Sky bet advertised the 'next club' market for him. They do it all the time, great money maker for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back