Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd only add to that by saying whoever the creative player is, something we've missed in the absence of Pienaar is someone who can just retain possession in the final third - so often an attack is on and killed by Lukaku dropping back to receive the ball/Ross etc... and it leads straight to a counter attack for the opposing team.

Agreed mate. For me a playmaker isn't necessarily what we need. We need someone who can provide balance, retain possession so that others can get involved higher up the pitch and in turn that creates more options/space.

No good when the ball bounces off Lukaku's shins and possession is cheaply given away. When he gets it back to goal, it needs to be when no one is within 3-4 yards of him so he can turn and once he turns he's a totally different player.

We should all know at this stage not to believe anything that is said about players staying or leaving.

The contract situation with a player is all important. Everton are in a strong position with John Stones and it appears that he will stay, we were in a weak position with Rooney years ago and he left.
I would not be surprised if the Yarolenko story has a twist or two yet, but those twists may or may not involve Everton.

We should all know at this stage not to believe anything that is said about players staying or leaving.

The contract situation with a player is all important. Everton are in a strong position with John Stones and it appears that he will stay, we were in a weak position with Rooney years ago and he left.
I would not be surprised if the Yarolenko story has a twist or two yet, but those twists may or may not involve Everton.
Exactly what I'm thinking/clinging onto.

Agreed mate. For me a playmaker isn't necessarily what we need. We need someone who can provide balance, retain possession so that others can get involved higher up the pitch and in turn that creates more options/space.

No good when the ball bounces off Lukaku's shins and possession is cheaply given away. When he gets it back to goal, it needs to be when no one is within 3-4 yards of him so he can turn and once he turns he's a totally different player.

It's key to everyone else's positioning as well, and will hopefully just inspire confidence that's been knocked out of likes of Coleman and Barkley at doing what they do best respectively if they don't feel as though they are being punished for driving forwards when we concede like that.

Think it would really balance the team if we get this signing right, in all areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back