Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else worried that now it appears Stones may stay, Kenwright will try to sell somebody else?

Or am I just being paranoid and negative?
don't really see there is a case to say we have ever tried to sell someone who is still doing well in the first team (as opposed to getting a bid we accepted) and there isn't an area of the pitch where we seem strong enough to just let someone go at this stage. Fellaini going late seemed to be because we had McCarthy all done and both were a long way down the line.

Anybody else worried that now it appears Stones may stay, Kenwright will try to sell somebody else?

Or am I just being paranoid and negative?
In all honesty, I think it's just the cynic in all of us. I don't think there'll be a significant out if Stones stays.

What if Yarmolenko's statement was a smoukeeescreen

I do wonder if it's still actually on? Time will tell I suppose.

There's always Fellaini...[/QUOTE]

I don't think that would be a bad idea.
Knows the team, the place, the fans and did a great job for us when we pushed him in to AM when he was here.
He created lots of problems for the opposition and scored a fair few too.
Probably too expensive though - can't see Man Ure selling him back to us for anything less than 20 odd million.
Him and Lukaku bashing and crashing around would certainly give us physical presence that's for sure!

Overly positive maybe but I reckon the Yarmolenko deal is still on too.....his reference to staying for the last year of his contract was to heap some friendly pressure on the chairman....money-bags or not, no chairman wants to lose a star man for nothing.
The siege mentality we've had the last few weeks ref Stones etc will prove to be a big positive for us too....bind the players closer. I'm expecting a better season than most starting with a win at an over-rated Spurs today

There's always Fellaini...

I don't think that would be a bad idea.
Knows the team, the place, the fans and did a great job for us when we pushed him in to AM when he was here.
He created lots of problems for the opposition and scored a fair few too.
Probably too expensive though - can't see Man Ure selling him back to us for anything less than 20 odd million.
Him and Lukaku bashing and crashing around would certainly give us physical presence that's for sure![/QUOTE]

Moyes...is that you?

['QUOTE="TheFinnFan, post: 3820702, member: 7927"]What if Yarmolenko's statement was a smoukeeescreen[/QUOTE]

I do wonder if it's still actually on? Time will tell I suppose.

Think their chairman's interview after the CL draw stating he was staying until the winter at the very least killed any chance of this happening mates sorry, only small chance would be if they were double bluffing so as to get a replacement in first but honestly can't see them being that elaborate to go through all that charade.

Overly positive maybe but I reckon the Yarmolenko deal is still on too.....his reference to staying for the last year of his contract was to heap some friendly pressure on the chairman....money-bags or not, no chairman wants to lose a star man for nothing.
The siege mentality we've had the last few weeks ref Stones etc will prove to be a big positive for us too....bind the players closer. I'm expecting a better season than most starting with a win at an over-rated Spurs today

Mate the Chairman gave an interview straight after the CL draw stating categorically that Yarmolenko was staying until at least the winter as they needed him for the CL group stages

Think their chairman's interview after the CL draw stating he was staying until the winter at the very least killed any chance of this happening mates sorry, only small chance would be if they were double bluffing so as to get a replacement in first but honestly can't see them being that elaborate to go through all that charade.
Oh well, maybe we could sign Bernard. It's been a while since we've had a player called Bernie. He could have a song to the tune of "Ernie The Fastest Milkfloat".

Shame, I was quite excited by Yarmolenko.

Bets we could hope for re Yarmolenko is to offer them a deal right now for a transfer in January - stays at Kiev for the CL group stages and then joins us during their winter break, maybe even get a decent reduction in price on him, but can see that being the only chance we ever have of getting him - soon as he can sign a pre contract to leave on a Bosman we have absolutely zero chance whatsoever.

that would leave us minus that creative player though until January so seriously doubt it's even a possibility

Oh well, maybe we could sign Bernard. It's been a while since we've had a player called Bernie. He could have a song to the tune of "Ernie The Fastest Milkfloat".

Shame, I was quite excited by Yarmolenko.

Mate it's all pie in the sky stuff from me, but what i said re Yarmolenko - signing him now to join in January, and in the meantime actively use all Martinez Catalan contacts at Barca to try to persuade them to loan Turan till then - he can't play anyway for them so who knows, would be a master-stroke if he could manage it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back