Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word Martinez used yesterday in the press conference regarding the three he has to land: 'ambitions', has me a bit concerned. If his ambitions are now to land two more besides Mori then, with 3 days to go in the transfer window, that doesn't fill me with overwhelming confidence.

I think anyone could be forgiven for stating that it's looking pretty grim at this stage that we'll get the playmaker that was underlined many times over since last season (and emphasised all summer by the manager) that we desperately need to make us work in many games to come this season.

That's unforgivable if that happens.

Right, so Coleman £20 mill, Stones £40 mil, Rom say £35 mil, Ross minimum £40 mil...baines £10 mil due to age, McCarthy £25 mill, all approx what we could sell for.

Then why are we pants ???
Because someone thinks it's a good idea to play only 1 winger at a time

I'm actually not fuming about not spending money mate, couldn't care less how much we spend frankly, what matters is getting the players in who are good enough and who address the gaping needs we have in the team, atm we need a creative player of top quality, doesn't matter if it's a free or 30m all that matters is getting that player in really. IF we are gonna spend in Jan instead though, sign the player now to arrive then ;)

What was a gaping hole has been somewhat covered by the return of Barkleys confidence and Del. Because the manager specified this position, it's an easy one to keep saying, but we're not desperate, it would just be another option.

Right, so Coleman £20 mill, Stones £40 mil, Rom say £35 mil, Ross minimum £40 mil...baines £10 mil due to age, McCarthy £25 mill, all approx what we could sell for.

Then why are we pants ???

Paying for potential in a number of those cases really. And as @bluestevon stated, they have to work well as a team. Plus were not pants, we're alright

What was a gaping hole has been somewhat covered by the return of Barkleys confidence and Del. Because the manager specified this position, it's an easy one to keep saying, but we're not desperate, it would just be another option.

Paying for potential in a number of those cases really. And as @bluestevon stated, they have to work well as a team. Plus were not pants, we're alright

disagree mate neither del or barkley is what you could call a reliable playmaker by any means

As stated a few posts up, them 2 players shouldnt be counted on to be the creativity week in week out. We still need another player with the bit of an x factor like a yarmelenko

We need a playmaker, there is no doubt about it in my mind. If we are to amass a points total that reflects the strength of our squad we has to be beating all the teams in the bottom two thirds of the table regularly. We can't play on the break when teams are content to play for a 0-0 draw against us. We can't break teams down playing tippy tappy football in front of them. We need someone to deliver a telling pass. We seem to be building a team capable of playing well, our defence is getting sound, keeper apart. Our defensive midfield is starting to shape up, Lukaku is developing and we have wide players. We don't have the man in the middle pulling the strings, a sober fit Gibson would do but that isn't going to happen. Buy a playmaker.

Is yarmolenko? Seems like a winger to me, but he'd be coming is as our all singing all dancing playmaker number 10

Mate Yarmolenko provides a tons of assists as well as a massive goal threat, something like 40+ goals and assists combined over the last two seasons and this early part of the current. International rate is solid as well for both and on top of that topped the Uefa cup last year in combined goals assists so yeah i'd say he actually does provide creativity and a hell of a lot more besides, think that's why he was the primary target.

The word Martinez used yesterday in the press conference regarding the three he has to land: 'ambitions', has me a bit concerned. If his ambitions are now to land two more besides Mori then, with 3 days to go in the transfer window, that doesn't fill me with overwhelming confidence.

I think anyone could be forgiven for stating that it's looking pretty grim at this stage that we'll get the playmaker that was underlined many times over since last season (and emphasised all summer by the manager) that we desperately need to make us work in many games to come this season.

That's unforgivable if that happens.
I get what you mean but I wouldn't read into our managers choice of words too much! This guy has constantly referred to all of our players, including *add your personal least favourite player here*, as phenomenal for the last few years

We need a playmaker, there is no doubt about it in my mind. If we are to amass a points total that reflects the strength of our squad we has to be beating all the teams in the bottom two thirds of the table regularly. We can't play on the break when teams are content to play for a 0-0 draw against us. We can't break teams down playing tippy tappy football in front of them. We need someone to deliver a telling pass. We seem to be building a team capable of playing well, our defence is getting sound, keeper apart. Our defensive midfield is starting to shape up, Lukaku is developing and we have wide players. We don't have the man in the middle pulling the strings, a sober fit Gibson would do but that isn't going to happen. Buy a playmaker.

Gibson is hugely overrated mate, to think he'd be picking holes against teams that sat back and hit us on the break is baffling, he has never shown that for us as when he was playing more regularly teams never ever sat back in numbers forcing him to show he could do it, it's like making a player better in his absence than he ever actually was.

Best attribute Gibson had was a very good pass from deep to set the wingers/striker off, threading it through traffic is something completely different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back