Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not giving up on Yarms just yet myself. Long shot but Martinez sounded too confident about two attacking players that it could still be possible...

Mate Yarmolenko provides a tons of assists as well as a massive goal threat, something like 40+ goals and assists combined over the last two seasons and this early part of the current. International rate is solid as well for both and on top of that topped the Uefa cup last year in combined goals assists so yeah i'd say he actually does provide creativity and a hell of a lot more besides, think that's why he was the primary target.

I think we'll be hearing more on him by the deadline.. He's worth every penny IMO and would bring a lot to the team. I actually think we only need to bring him in and our squad will be solid with a lot of quality and depth throughout.

Gibson is hugely overrated mate, to think he'd be picking holes against teams that sat back and hit us on the break is baffling, he has never shown that for us as when he was playing more regularly teams never ever sat back in numbers forcing him to show he could do it, it's like making a player better in his absence than he ever actually was.

Best attribute Gibson had was a very good pass from deep to set the wingers/striker off, threading it through traffic is something completely different
He wouldn't be the one to constantly unlock packed defences but that's mainly because of the position he plays, but no doubt he adds creativity to the team and whenever he plays we usually look so much better. He's almost the quarter back role.

We need someone for the top end of the pitch for behind rom that will do through balls all day

"I have another year of contract with Dynamo, and I will faithfully fulfil it," Yarmolenko told Dynamo's official website.

"Interest from Everton was real.

"But in this transfer window I won't go anywhere, there are just a few days before its closure"

As stated a few posts up, them 2 players shouldnt be counted on to be the creativity week in week out. We still need another player with the bit of an x factor like a yarmelenko

Saying Ross and Del don't have X factor is madness. Generation X.

Whether they are at a point that they they can be relied upon to produce week in week out we will find out over the course of the season.

I'm not saying I don't want yarmolenko etc. I'm saying it's not a disaster lets go and slit our wrists and scream "Everton is dead" to the moon.

In the words of Roberto, "Everyone can relax."

He wouldn't be the one to constantly unlock packed defences but that's mainly because of the position he plays, but no doubt he adds creativity to the team and whenever he plays we usually look so much better. He's almost the quarter back role.

We need someone for the top end of the pitch for behind rom that will do through balls all day

Agreed mate and someone whose movement is top class and can pull people around whilst slotting boss passes would be even better

I think we'll be hearing more on him by the deadline.. He's worth every penny IMO and would bring a lot to the team. I actually think we only need to bring him in and our squad will be solid with a lot of quality and depth throughout.

think it's dead and buried mate sadly given everything out their from the player and owner over the past few days, absolute shame though as i think he was someone who would have been able to take us to a new level, our own bale or suarez in many ways, if we suddenly chucked a hell of a lot more money at it though who knows i guess

think it's dead and buried mate sadly given everything out their from the player and owner over the past few days, absolute shame though as i think he was someone who would have been able to take us to a new level, our own bale or suarez in many ways, if we suddenly chucked a hell of a lot more money at it though who knows i guess

Nevermind :(

I'm expecting another one in though, and it needs to be a quality player to add some competition.

Lennon is a good player, but he's not the man we need.

Saying Ross and Del don't have X factor is madness. Generation X.

Whether they are at a point that they they can be relied upon to produce week in week out we will find out over the course of the season.

I'm not saying I don't want yarmolenko etc. I'm saying it's not a disaster lets go and slit our wrists and scream "Everton is dead" to the moon.

In the words of Roberto, "Everyone can relax."
I'm not saying they don't have the X factor, but they're very inconsistent with it, and as muchas ross has looked better at it this season he still ha only provided about 3 assists in the past 2 seasons, we need a high calibre player who can produce a regular amount of chances for rom, also give the fans a lift and show a few of our own players we are still ambitious

Gibson is hugely overrated mate, to think he'd be picking holes against teams that sat back and hit us on the break is baffling, he has never shown that for us as when he was playing more regularly teams never ever sat back in numbers forcing him to show he could do it, it's like making a player better in his absence than he ever actually was.

Best attribute Gibson had was a very good pass from deep to set the wingers/striker off, threading it through traffic is something completely different

I think we need someone who can hit a pass that gets defenders turning or pulled out of position. A pass that turns defence into attack without giving defences time to set themselves.
There is nothing better in football, for me, than to see a pass hit which turns a game. When I played I was always trying to organise defences, if your defence is set then 99 times out of 100, you will be fine. But sometimes a ball would be hit that you can do nothing about. Sometimes you just have to say you were beaten by the better man.
I would love us to have that type of player, someone to slip a ball inside a fullback for a winger to run on to or split the centre halves for Lukaku to burst the net.
I spoke of Gibson because he could hit a long pas albeit diagonally.

Martinez saying now the transfer targets are 'ambitions'
This is becoming a joke
Kenwright-Smile.jpg

@sageyefc sounds great. Made up of we get an extra addition. If not I think we have a strong creative element to the team. Basically I'm backing Ross, Del, Kev, Baines, Seamus to chip in with 30+ assists.

@sageyefc sounds great. Made up of we get an extra addition. If not I think we have a strong creative element to the team. Basically I'm backing Ross, Del, Kev, Baines, Seamus to chip in with 30+ assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back