Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate it's all pie in the sky stuff from me, but what i said re Yarmolenko - signing him now to join in January, and in the meantime actively use all Martinez Catalan contacts at Barca to try to persuade them to loan Turan till then - he can't play anyway for them so who knows, would be a master-stroke if he could manage it though
That's how we can annoy the football world further - LOANS, YES!!!!

Seriously, I know loans are useful, and if we make the loan market work for us then great.

That's how we can annoy the football world further - LOANS, YES!!!!

Seriously, I know loans are useful, and if we make the loan market work for us then great.

Pretty sure we will see at least one loan coming in, just hope it's more Gareth barry/Del/lukaku and less Atsu though

we need to realise what we can and can't do in the transfer market, attracting a real top notch player we maybe have to be creative in doing so, the idea about buying someone right now for Jan could actually work, if Martinez had set his strategy around getting him and the other options he has are more gambles then don't kid ourselves we can get him in January when a host of clubs will be sniffing around and show the commitment and buy him now and let Kiev retain him till jan, and try to use a shorter term loan to give us the impetus a new signing would do.

If we'd paid 15m for Deulofeu, some of the overly dramatic whinge on here wouldn't exist.

The additions to the squad have, so far, proved to be decent. Clev and Del look good (maybe excellent), Holgate looks a prospect and the two South Americans represent a risk worth taking at face value.

It's understandable that people want to see money spent when we see everyone else spending it, but you can't slate our transfer window because we've done good business.

Bob has said there's more to come, if we bring in another option behind Rom I'd say it's been a great window. If we don't, we've certainly strengthened and should have money to spend in Jan. Have a little faith in the manager chaps, he's having a good go.

If we'd paid 15m for Deulofeu, some of the overly dramatic whinge on here wouldn't exist.

The additions to the squad have, so far, proved to be decent. Clev and Del look good (maybe excellent), Holgate looks a prospect and the two South Americans represent a risk worth taking at face value.

It's understandable that people want to see money spent when we see everyone else spending it, but you can't slate our transfer window because we've done good business.

Bob has said there's more to come, if we bring in another option behind Rom I'd say it's been a great window. If we don't, we've certainly strengthened and should have money to spend in Jan. Have a little faith in the manager chaps, he's having a good go.

Wise words Count

I'm actually not fuming about not spending money mate, couldn't care less how much we spend frankly, what matters is getting the players in who are good enough and who address the gaping needs we have in the team, atm we need a creative player of top quality, doesn't matter if it's a free or 30m all that matters is getting that player in really. IF we are gonna spend in Jan instead though, sign the player now to arrive then ;)

We have actually made quite a few signings:

Deulofeu
Cleverly
Henen
Holgate
Rodriguiz
Mori - on the way via admin.

Our squad is massive, im pretty relaxed, i think we are in the enviable postition that we have the funds to sign an absolute quality player to improve the first team, i dont rememebr a time in a contempory sense that we didnt have cut our cloth to bring in numbers at the expense of quality.

We are actually nicely poised.

Great post mate.

If we don't get Yarmolenko then this is the guy we should turn to - Hakim Ziyech - number 10 or playmaker (whichever you prefer!)
Don't think he would cost that much which means we could also go for Austin :dance:

Attachments

• ziyech.webp
    ziyech.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 126
Right, so Coleman £20 mill, Stones £40 mil, Rom say £35 mil, Ross minimum £40 mil...baines £10 mil due to age, McCarthy £25 mill, all approx what we could sell for.

Then why are we pants ???

We shouldn't just look at the incomings, that's a common mistake. Part of the story of this summer is that Everton have held onto Garbutt, Mirallas, McCarthy, and it seems, Stones. That's pretty amazing when you think how many times every person on this forum assumed that one or more of this quartet had played their last game in a blue Chang shirt. It's cost the club millions of pounds in new contracts for three of them, probably Stones will get more money too at some point, that's an outlay you don't hear fans going on about. Even if you think Martinez should have sold one or two of those players, you have to give him enormous credit for sticking to his guns, persuading all except Stones to commit themselves to Everton without being able to offer European football, and persuading the board to back him even when Chelsea were waving chequebooks around.

I know mate i know, but you get my point. Why have all these expensive parts when as one they function like a an average machine??

Because mate we need someone to help interlink and bring out the best in our better players, Martinez is trying to address that here is hoping he does.

Also our depth is poor, especially so for the system, we are a injury away from having to play young cb's at lb/rb, or Naismith as the creative player/on wing, or Kone up front, oh yeah and our keepers are super super gash

It's why keeping the young players is so important, as every year the likes of Stones/Barkley/Lukaku will become better and better and the ones coming behind them like Galloway/Browning/ and the lads we've loaned pout are all getting more experience to step into the first team. do that whilst continuing to add 1 or 2 real quality additions each season to the first team then we could be on the verge of having a great team again

In 2 years time this team will be one of the youngest in the league but actually have a fantastic amount of experience from the players in their early to mid 20's, a very very good combination to have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back