Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuba is boss, to be honest. I'd love him at Everton. National team captain and all. Footballing brain. Pacey.

But, uh, Yarmz then? Have we settled that it's wholly and entirely off?

Maybe Martinez will bring an experienced player like kuba in. He said there is a youth player that will be ready for the first team in a couple of years to play this role so kuba would be fine till then.... He bought kone knowing he would have no resale value so you never know!

It's been a disaster if we haven't sorted a playmaker out. The manager reiterated the need for one all summer. If we dont land one (and as much as a supporter of him as I am) my faith in what he says will be undermined severely. He sounds like a man who's backed off from that commitment to bring one in and is preparing the ground for a retreat away for the need for it. He KNOWS we need that type in. Keep Stones by all means, but he shouldn't allow himself to be painted into a corner of having no serious cash to improve the squad, and that's the way it's looking.

I'm going for the conspiracy theory here (and being a tool probably) and I mentioned it the other day, but I wonder with the board backing Martinez over Stones, the forfeit for Martinez was that he wouldn't get as much transfer cash as first promised? It just seemed funny that this young lad from Uruguay wasn't being brought in to go right into the first team, then all of a sudden after BK comes out and says Stones is deffo not being sold, this lad is now going into the first team, and someone then mentioned that Martinez said other targets he was looking at were ambitious. By the way lads, take it easy with the abuse coming my way because I've got a bit of a hangover

As far as I'm concerned Martinez pretty much needs to deliver the Everton equivalent of Arsenal's deadline day signing of Mesut Ozil a few years back. Without a creative player classy enough to slot straight into our starting XI week in week out we will continue to struggle in attack and Martinez ambitious project is pretty much doomed.

Am I right in thinking we are currently down to one new player due to our injury?

so wouldn't our need for players be greater? We need players and we need to back our resolve up, not selling to Chelsea and then not spending any money is pretty much counter productive

As far as I'm concerned Martinez pretty much needs to deliver the Everton equivalent of Arsenal's deadline day signing of Mesut Ozil a few years back. Without a creative player classy enough to slot straight into our starting XI week in week out we will continue to struggle in attack and Martinez ambitious project is pretty much doomed.
I think it is pretty much doomed anyway, as far back February Martinez was talking about identifying his targets yet going into the last two days we are none the wiser to who this elusive "number 10" is he has been going on about for months.

I think it is pretty much doomed anyway, as far back February Martinez was talking about identifying his targets yet going into the last two days we are none the wiser to who this elusive "number 10" is he has been going on about for months.

thought it was painfully obvious that it was Yarmolenko, IF he had another target other than him the next few days i guess will show us

Is correct. I'm keeping some faith until the deadline has passed, but it sure doesn't look promising. Maybe keeping Stones will prove a pyrrhic victory in the end, who knows.

Errrm who'd he replace though as Reuss is playing rw
Hasn't Reus spent most of his career on the left? When I watched them the other week against BMG he was on the left.

Sorry mate if that disappoints you hearing him being linked to another team but in all seriousness he was never going to end up here.

Hasn't Reus spent most of his career on the left? When I watched them the other week against BMG he was on the left.

Sorry mate if that disappoints you hearing him being linked to another team but in all seriousness he was never going to end up here.

He was.

Errrm what game was that like mate, he has started on the right every game in the league so far for Dortmund this season, they've been playing Mkhitarian on the left side so far

Not arsed who he is linked with tbh mate if we don't get him anyway, just think its odd timing that a bid from 4 weeks+ ago has suddenly hit all the papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back