Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lennon will come in last minute if we shift McGeady I think.

I do genuinely think we have about £10mil in the kitty (after Mori). That could buy us a very decent playmaker from the continent.

I mentioned last week about Fiorentina. They played some lovely stuff in pre-season and battered Milan last week. Sousa's style is akin to RM's in his first season. Ilicic played of the striker - but was all over in the three attacking midfield positions. Big, strong, quick and a really good pass he played Kalinic (who isn't as fast or strong as Rom) in behind so many times. Then Fernandez came on and looked like a mini-Silva on the left wing.

I remember he tore us apart for Sporting that time. Injuries haven't helped him and then he got played out of position, but in the last year he's got back to the player he can be at his best. A true No.10 playing on either flank or in the centre. He's just 29, but he's never relied on pace and is probably in his pomp now due to missing his 26/27 prime due to injuries. Would be well worth a go for £7/8mil I feel.

That's just two players from one club - they're only suggestions, but they're the type we should be looking at IMO.

Doesnt make much sense to me.

I guess it could be talks about something in January.

Note, just my chatter that, not ITK.

Agree. I could see Dortmund going for him as they've sold Kampl kind of out of the blue (who I think would've been decent for us even though he struggled for Dortmund - too much pressure to be the main man when he came in after injuries/poor form for Reus and co.).

But for £10m there's little chance of that, unless it's in Jan like you say.

Like us not wanting to sell any of our best players this late, other clubs won't sell theirs. I can only see a loan now or a squad player at another club. Far too late for a top player, yarmolenko was an all eggs in one basket signing, now we're way down our list of targets I expect

You think? He's struggled to adapt to Serie A where you are given a lot of time and space by the opposition, so how would he cope in the prem where you're closed down within seconds of receiving the ball?

I've seen pretty much his every game for Milan and apart from a decent few games last season, he has been hugely underwhelming.

Only just spotted this.

I watch a lot of Italian football, and I can honestly say that everyone that put on that Milan kit last season was hugely underwhelming. In fact, I would go as far to say that Honda was one of the very few to actually put a shift in last season - albeit in vein.

His style of play is very much that of a linker. He links the midfield to the attack, and vice versa. He's by no means physical, fast or athletic; but he does have a great footballing brain - something that our lackluster attack desperately requires.

Think of him as a more technical version of Leon Osman, and if we play him in that role then he'll do extremely well for us. He wouldn't even cost us too much either, Milan and the player want out - and a loan deal could be on the cards.

He s a good player and a good leader but... Unfortunately he's very injury prone. He's not particularly creative and the injuries he's had have taken away a bit of his pace - his main asset along with his crossing.

He's also 30, and I can't see that we need him. If he came I'd happily welcome him to the team, obviously, but personally can't see it - mainly down to his injury record over the last two seasons.

If he's fit now and looks willing we should go for it....I think he would bring lots of stature in to our team.

If that window slams shut without a creative player coming in it's completely unacceptable. All summer to get a deal sorted out. If someone back in June would have told you there was about 50 hours to go in the transfer window and this hadn't been resolved you wouldn't have believed it...even with the record number of broken promises and balls ups this club has notched up in recent years.

It's that stark an omission at this point.

If that window slams shut without a creative player coming in it's completely unacceptable. All summer to get a deal sorted out. If someone back in June would have told you there was about 50 hours to go in the transfer window and this hadn't been resolved you wouldn't have believe it...even with the record number of broken promises and balls ups this club has notched up in recent years.

It's that stark an omission at this point.
We'll get someone in on deadline day. Which is when I was expecting it to happen.

Only just spotted this.

I watch a lot of Italian football, and I can honestly say that everyone that put on that Milan kit last season was hugely underwhelming. In fact, I would go as far to say that Honda was one of the very few to actually put a shift in last season - albeit in vein.

His style of play is very much that of a linker. He links the midfield to the attack, and vice versa. He's by no means physical, fast or athletic; but he does have a great footballing brain - something that our lackluster attack desperately requires.

Think of him as a more technical version of Leon Osman, and if we play him in that role then he'll do extremely well for us. He wouldn't even cost us too much either, Milan and the player want out - and a loan deal could be on the cards.

I didn't say he doesn't put a shift in, but with all due respect, we have enough players who 'put a shift in', what we need is creativity - Honda hasn't provided that at Milan so I see no reason why he'd provide that here.

As for Milan wanting to get rid of him - that's not true - a lot of Milan fans want to get rid of him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back