Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a player. He's a corner flag that moves about the pitch rebounding passes into the path of opponents.

Look I'm all up for not seeing him in the 11, and playing him in midfield is ridiculous, but if Lukaku got injured tomorrow and someone else had to play 34 games upfront by themselves who out the current squad would score the most? Naismith (well probably Mirallas but Martinez is never playing him there). Until this changes I don't see the sense in getting rid of him.

Speaking of awful footballers, I wish someone would come in for Gareth Barry.

Lets be honest. Everybody at the end of last season would of been happy getting Lennon back, buying a back up centre back, getting Del boy back and bringing in someone like cleverley for a no risk free transfer. Not to mention keeping hold of Stones, Barkley, McCarthy etc...

sounds decent except it's not even close to good enough to make us able to compete for top 4... which i know is a pipe dream but it's what our manager is supposedly aiming for.

Naismith will remain at Everton. Jesus H !

Not one but two teams enquired about him. For me Naismith is up there with the Stuart Barlow's of this world. Never has and never will be/was good enough for Everton F.C.

About an hour ago i was thinking Rodriguez, Funes Mori and Lennon would be a bang average window but getting rid of this joke would of boosted that to a decent one.

You seem to have missed out Oviedo, Galloway, Browning, Gibson, Osman and Naismith from your little meltdown there.
meltdown?

anyway oviedo isnt competition for anyone
gibson- seriously?
osman? Clearly a sub only player now
galloway + browning? Yeah really see them displacing someone, they are 4th and 5th choice.

So yeah, no competition for places.

Mostly doom and gloom on here. I can tell many of you go to home games only or never at all.
I go every game and I am sat here devastated....
This is a huge season for us..... poor season will only result in the likes of Stones, Rom, Mirralles, etc leaving , do not kid yourself the club is on a downward spiral and treat the fans with bad contempt. We have a nucleus of excellent talent that is likely to come close to the class of 92... a couple of signings off. We will miss the biggest opportunity to push on in a decade if we dont sign a quality addition and a supporting striker... mark my words and come back next summer to me

Lets be honest. Everybody at the end of last season would of been happy getting Lennon back, buying a back up centre back, getting Del boy back and bringing in someone like cleverley for a no risk free transfer. Not to mention keeping hold of Stones, Barkley, McCarthy etc...

After last season everyone could see we needed a new keeper, cover at CB, a creative midfielder and a backup striker. Only one of those players has been bought and we paid extra because we waited until the last day. Deulofeu will go the way of Mirallas unless someone in midfield gets their head up and plays forward. With Barry and McCarthy starting every game we are destined for lower midtable no matter how good the forward line is unless Martinez plays playmakers on the flanks like he did first season with Pienaar and Osman. Deulofeu and Cleverley are not these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back