Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a feeling he didn't make sure we got the right ones...

Speaking after the loss to Villarreal in Duncan Ferguson’s Goodison testimonial today, the Toffees boss told the ECHO: “We know we need two to three new players and we are going to make sure we get the right ones.

“We are looking for that area [up front], the number 10 position, and I think we need a centre-half; the three areas are quite clear."

Beginning of the summer the 3 most important positions for me were a keeper, a creative midfielder (10) and a sub striker to put pressure on Lukaku. We signed none of these. We haven't improved the first 11 since deadline day 2013 when we signed Lukaku. Absolute joke

Ah well.

Not sure how to feel about the inactivity on the No 10 front. I'm hoping we had someone ace lined up, and because of CL its not going to happen until January.....rather that than spend money on someone we didnt really fancy.
Clearly, Barkley is lined up for the No 10 spot
We now have four wingers on the books if Lennon signs as expected, so no need to see midfielders playing wide ever again, i.e. Cleverly on the wing now out injured for 8 weeks round pegs in round holes now!

Barry, Osman, Pienaar, Jags, Baines all a year older too. With the exception of Jags who has been great so far we could see them beginning to drop off.

We have a decent first team but it's definitely not a window that shows any ambition.

Mirallas and Mccarthy didn't think so when they signed a new deal.

Keeping hold of a £40mill rated centre half isn't bad business either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back