Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wings is a priority. In my view.

Absolutely incorrect. A number 10 was the priority and Martinez did not receive the financial backing he required until yesterday when our latest loan (on next season's TV money) was granted.

As a result, we missed out on Payet (West Ham offered more) and we missed out on Yamolenko (tried to revive it, Kiev said no it's too late, and who can blame them?)

We have nobody to play the decisive pass that can put Lukaku through, which is the way he plays. He is absolutely not suited to this passing system, he does not like the ball to feet, he likes it in front of him to run on to.

Great work everyone.

Asked if he had identified his targets, Martinez said: “We have got real clarity in who we want. More than anything, it is that personality who we think can fit into our football club, cope with the expectations and fit into what we want to build.

“That has been work we’ve developed since January and we are very happy with the options we have.”

“That is what a No10 needs. You see many players who have the technical ability to play that role but mentally they are not right for that role.

“That is why it is such a difficult position to be effective in the British game.

“That is the main area we need to improve.”

We now have four wingers on the books if Lennon signs as expected, so no need to see midfielders playing wide ever again, i.e. Cleverly on the wing now out injured for 8 weeks round pegs in round holes now!

It won't be tho. Watch Kone and Naismith/osman start on the wings against Chelsea

Yea they would have helped. Yarmolenko is a goals and assist machine. Shaqiri is a top talent that has just lost his way after a loss of confidence after Guardiola took over.

Don't rate Shaqiri at all.

And as for Yarms...if wed sign him and no number 10 would people still fume?

Exactly! I'm not over the moon by any stretch of the imagination, but the likes of Cleverely, Delboy, Lennon and hopefully Mori isn't too bad.

I think the fact that we've all acknowledged that we need a playmaker, were pretty much promised one and it doesn't occur is the sour part.

We're arguably stronger (at least in some aspects) yet we still lack the vital component that would act as a catalyst for our style of play.

As I mentioned the other day, the fact that we've been asked to be patient and promised these signings will only undermine Martinez and co.

Absolutely pathetic that some of you are accepting mediocrity like this.

Stop looking for the bright side. Start looking at the board. Start looking at what they're doing. Things will not change until more fans demand change.

Did we get Lennon?
No, signed for Stoke...
lennon1-1.jpg

ROBERTO MARTINEZ Montoliú 2.8.15

“We are looking for that area [up front], the number 10 position, and I think we need a centre-half; the three areas are quite clear."

“I do feel we need to use the full window and try to bring the right people. We have got a clear idea of what we want to do.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back