Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely incorrect. A number 10 was the priority and Martinez did not receive the financial backing he required until yesterday when our latest loan (on next season's TV money) was granted.

As a result, we missed out on Payet (West Ham offered more) and we missed out on Yamolenko (tried to revive it, Kiev said no it's too late, and who can blame them?)

We have nobody to play the decisive pass that can put Lukaku through, which is the way he plays. He is absolutely not suited to this passing system, he does not like the ball to feet, he likes it in front of him to run on to.
Do you really believe they were waiting on a cheque to clear? Mori was 10m. Could we not have bought Shaqiri instead?

Great day so far watching the thread go from hope to desperation to misery to fume. Surely some psychology major's dream phd project.
Overall its been a n intriguing couple of months and today has not let me down as the culmination of the meh.

Not getting Virgil is something we'll end up massively regretting. We've taken much more of a gamble spending 9.5 million on the Argentinean lad than we would have done spending 11 on Virge

A sad day for the club
Did you read the report when he played in the Champions league he was found wanting, the league he is in is like the conference bar three teams!

Well, assuming we don't get any late arriving news we don't have our creative force.

Yarm seemed legit and not just a phantom appease the fans bid (although the end result was the same).

On the one hand I don't want RM panicking and crapping 15-20m away because he missed on his primary targets.

If the play-maker failed could part of the fee have got us a GK? Now do we buy a GK and playmaker next year?

What are the odds this 15-20m we bid for Yarm gets added onto our kitty for next summer?

I don't absolve RM of blame for this but it feels like if we really had the money we'd have switched to other targets (not ideal -- we wanted a playmaker -- but better than nothing).

Something seems suspect. Was the money "well because it's Yarm" money? A special kitty for special players? To not have any kind of plan B for the money seems like they're happy to have it disappear and get lost in the fog of next year's increased TV money.

I see this as a significant milestone in Everton's relationship with Martinez

If Mori and at least one of the young prospects doesn't come off.....combined with his other failed signings, he's a gonner and will not be Everton manager for the next Summer transfer window....and possibly not even January's!

Blood Brothers, written by award-winning playwright Willy Russell has triumphed across the globe, winning four awards for Best Musical in London and seven Tony Award nominations on Broadway.

Fans' jury
Posted at18:22

We have been in touch with a supporter from each of the 20 Premier League clubs throughout deadline day - and their reactions are starting to filter in.

I'll bring you all 20 as they arrive - but don't forget you can continue to have your say on #bbcfootball or by texting 81111.

You just know they'll find someone who say 'Bill's done great' for this

ROBERTO MARTINEZ Montoliú 2.8.15

“We are looking for that area [up front], the number 10 position, and I think we need a centre-half; the three areas are quite clear."

“I do feel we need to use the full window and try to bring the right people. We have got a clear idea of what we want to do.”

People who still support this board, or are happy with our window, need to read this. Let it sink in.

Our absolute priority this window was a number 10. Good ones cost serious money. The window was open for months but we only had two days to bring one in because we had to wait for another loan.

Stop accepting mediocrity.

Think it's safe to say that we've signed Lennon but really who gives a damn? Feels like the most pointless signing ever if you ask me, especially with the number of wingers we have already. Christ, a whole window gone without even signing the one type of player we needed most for this season.

Don't rate Shaqiri at all.

And as for Yarms...if wed sign him and no number 10 would people still fume?
He is a No 10. That's number he wears on his shirt. What we wanted was someone that could provide assists to Rom. I think you are getting caught up with where they play. Yarmolenko does that.

Shaqiri not so much but he's brilliant when teams park the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back