Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very bad we didn't sign a creative midfielder of some description. Number one priority and we failed by the looks of it.

Thankfully you don't get overtaken in one transfer window but there are a few clubs who are bridging the gap, and we don't even seem bothered to strengthen a first 11 that finished 11th.

We rarely spend anything significant in January either, a lot of pressure on next summer and the window has only just closed ffs.

I see this as a significant milestone in Everton's relationship with Martinez

If Mori and at least one of the young prospects doesn't come off.....combined with his other failed signings, he's a gonner and will not be Everton manager for the next Summer transfer window....and possibly not even January's!
Pffft.

SAny port in a storm.

Martinez is Bill's boy. Just like Moyes was.

Five years he'll be here, minimum. He's earned his brownie points with BK and his gang this window.

Looking forward to the managers re-telling of the STONES story .i.e. '...no, I didn't meant to say that we want to sign a NUMBER 10...haha, no, I meant LENNON, I meant to say we need to sign LENNON....surely that was clear?'

Well, you *think* he's wrong. It's basically you sources word against the Kiev owner...
And why would the Kiev owner have reason to lie. It sounds to me perfectly valid.

In fact Kiev actually had a bid rejected by the player for a winger from Sevilla so it does show that they tried to bring in a replacement. We wouldn't have sold our best player with the champions league coming up either. The mad thing is that the Kiev fans actually wanted him to.

Most will have calmed down by the time we face Chelsea...and then target their fume at them as Bill sits in his comfy seat in the stands...we're all mugs, we fall for it every time

Absolutely pathetic that some of you are accepting mediocrity like this.

Stop looking for the bright side. Start looking at the board. Start looking at what they're doing. Things will not change until more fans demand change.
Pathetic? Strong word for a situation which as you yourself mention is mediocrity - that implies mediocre or at least acceptable actions.

It's not the absolute failure that some are attempting to make out. Am I happy? No, as I mentioned I would have certainly liked a number ten.

In fact, in an ideal world I would have liked some strengthening in other positions as well; the Rodriguez deal for example slightly concerns me.

However, I'm not going to start ranting simply because it wasn't the exceptional window that we would like. Life isn't that black and white!

Would I also like the board to invest more? Of course I would, but that's not the situation we are in and sometimes you need to be rational.

What do you believe the board should do? What is the other option? No fairytale answers, just sensible options and then I'll agree.

Are people so simple?

The number 10 thing is basic common sense. We clearly wanted Yarmolenko. That's obvious. Would have been boss too.

Did you really want us to go and splash up to £20m on second or third choice?

Christ. I'm glad you don't run my business.

And we left it until SIX days ago to start "serious negotiations" with Kiev. Come on...

Deal sheet submitted for Lennon, will be announced an Everton player in the next hour or so say SSN.

Another case of once Everton has touched you, Lennon has been in London over 10 years, probably got family and kids down there, could have signed on loan for West Ham, but only wanted to go one place and that was here.

We are a special club with a special vibe, shame we are always skint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back