Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think a few people need to take a break from this forum for the rest of the week
Why r u surprised this happened today?
Cracking open a beer n turn off SSN
Coyb

CN1WYZDW8AA74bw.jpg

Are people so simple?

The number 10 thing is basic common sense. We clearly wanted Yarmolenko. That's obvious. Would have been boss too.

Did you really want us to go and splash up to £20m on second or third choice?

Christ. I'm glad you don't run my business.

That's exactly want they want. Just to upload some fifa stats and YouTube clips

Genuinely think half of you would be happy if we'd blown 16 million on some unknown in the Portuguese league that turns out alright 40% of the time in football manager
The league is awash with cash but. That doesn't mean the players are there. I'm gutted we missed out on payet but good signings are measured in seasons (plural) not 4 games.

Last year we constantly had to play out of position on the wings due to injuries and lack of quality. Look back at the 2013/14 goals and using the wingers to sprea the ball and stretch defenses gave us a huge amount I goals. Pienaar was crucial in that and now he's older and crocked. We now have 2 good options on the wings who can reduce opposition pressing and know the team and know martine. We've brought youngsters in for the future. And we've tied down players who everyone thought would be off without a berahino situation. The press were happy to sell but Martinez stood his ground

That to me is a good transfer window. Now excuse me I'm off to show some kids how to code CSS
I think you've got too much vertical padding on your paragraph tags there, bro.

Absolutely incorrect. A number 10 was the priority and Martinez did not receive the financial backing he required until yesterday when our latest loan (on next season's TV money) was granted.

As a result, we missed out on Payet (West Ham offered more) and we missed out on Yamolenko (tried to revive it, Kiev said no it's too late, and who can blame them?)

We have nobody to play the decisive pass that can put Lukaku through, which is the way he plays. He is absolutely not suited to this passing system, he does not like the ball to feet, he likes it in front of him to run on to.

Barkley has assisted Rom on through balls at least twice already this season. One assist against Southampton and another v Barnsley.

Are people so simple?

The number 10 thing is basic common sense. We clearly wanted Yarmolenko. That's obvious. Would have been boss too.

"Lads, we're a company that operates via the Internet, but our number one choice of Virgin Media isn't in this area."

"Oh well, let's not get any Internet if we can't have Virgin Media."

Are people so simple?

You'd think 2nd and 3rd choices wouldn't cost the same and we'd have at least sounded them out in case the Yarm deal didn't happen.

Are people so simple?

No, we wanted a swift decision on Yarmolenko and once that lunatic chairman of theirs piped up it should have been adios and move onto the next target.

Still, it's all smoke and mirrors with Everton. I really dont think there was any massive wedge available for a quality playmaker in any case.

Mark this playmaker fiasco down to another piss take at the hands of the Kenwright Gang.

Are people so simple?

We were never signing Yarmalenko. Certainly not without selling Stones. You aren't new to this, you know how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back