Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you *think* he's wrong. It's basically you sources word against the Kiev owner...

Not quite. My source pretty much said what Surkis would say before he said it. Just got the time he would say it a few hours out. But whatever.

Pretty underwhelming window in some ways. Reasonable in others. Could look back on some of the signings and realise they were ace, but that isnt really what we are looking for.

I'm not even arsed now about who we didn't get. It's who we didn't get rid of that concerns me the most.

£8M for THAT turned down.

There's just no excuse. Not even if it was a quid up front and the rest spread over three year monthly payments. We had the chance to get rid of a man masquerading as a footy player for a big profit, one heading toward his 30s, and bring a player in with the savings.

It's just too appalling to think about.
Yeah, but who would help Kenwright out by shifting all those unsold restricted-view season tickets?

Absolutely pathetic that some of you are accepting mediocrity like this.

Stop looking for the bright side. Start looking at the board. Start looking at what they're doing. Things will not change until more fans demand change.

It's no good mate. As long as we take the odd player from the Man Utd bin and they turn out to be mediocre rather than rubbish then that is enough for most people.

Reactions: Jxg

Yeah we've missed out on the mystical "number 10" but all in all the windows gone well for us IMHO,secured McCarthy/Mirallas on long term contracts,managed by hook or by crook to hang on to Stones,Barkleys going nowhere,Seamus too,Cleverly/Deulofeu/Funes/Lennon in,oh and we got rid of Alcaraz;)

Not getting Virgil is something we'll end up massively regretting. We've taken much more of a gamble spending 9.5 million on the Argentinean lad than we would have done spending 11 on Virge

A sad day for the club

How have we taken more of a gamble? We paid less for an Argentinian international who also happen to be the number 1 national team in the world. The Argentinian league is also better than the Scottish league where Van Dijk never has to play against a striker above League One level (that includes training as well).

Genuinely think half of you would be happy if we'd blown 16 million on some unknown in the Portuguese league that turns out alright 40% of the time in football manager
The league is awash with cash but. That doesn't mean the players are there. I'm gutted we missed out on payet but good signings are measured in seasons (plural) not 4 games.

Last year we constantly had to play out of position on the wings due to injuries and lack of quality. Look back at the 2013/14 goals and using the wingers to sprea the ball and stretch defenses gave us a huge amount I goals. Pienaar was crucial in that and now he's older and crocked. We now have 2 good options on the wings who can reduce opposition pressing and know the team and know martine. We've brought youngsters in for the future. And we've tied down players who everyone thought would be off without a berahino situation. The press were happy to sell but Martinez stood his ground

That to me is a good transfer window. Now excuse me I'm off to show some kids how to code CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back