Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people so simple?

The number 10 thing is basic common sense. We clearly wanted Yarmolenko. That's obvious. Would have been boss too.

Did you really want us to go and splash up to £20m on second or third choice?

Christ. I'm glad you don't run my business.

The only thing I'd question is did Everton actually have a plan B in this scenario? Yarmolenko (who himself is not a natural "No. 10") isn't the only footballer on the planet better than the Osman/Naismith/whatever combination would be used if Barkley dropped deeper.

Yes, we shouldn't throw money at players who aren't good enough. But we also shouldn't fall in love with players to the point where no one else will do. When Martinez falls, he falls hard.

Are people so simple?

The number 10 thing is basic common sense. We clearly wanted Yarmolenko. That's obvious. Would have been boss too.

Did you really want us to go and splash up to £20m on second or third choice?

Christ. I'm glad you don't run my business.

But if we never get him does that mean we can never have a number 10. We should have had second and third choices of the same quality. He surely isn't the only one out there at that sort of price. Putting all your eggs in one basket is dangerous.

No, we wanted a swift decision on Yarmolenko and once that lunatic chairman of theirs piped up it should have been adios and move onto the next target.

Still, it's all smoke and mirrors with Everton. I really dont think there was any massive wedge available for a quality playmaker in any case.

Mark this playmaker fiasco down to another piss take at the hands of the Kenwright Gang.

Martinez and his staff are responsible for identifying targets not the board as well you know Dave, no blame on them for us not moving on quick enough. It's down to Martinez and his external optimistic out look.

Pathetic? Strong word for a situation which as you yourself mention is mediocrity - that implies mediocre or at least acceptable actions.

It's not the absolute failure that some are attempting to make out. Am I happy? No, as I mentioned I would have certainly liked a number ten.

In fact, in an ideal world I would have liked some strengthening in other positions as well; the Rodriguez deal for example slightly concerns me.

However, I'm not going to start ranting simply because it wasn't the exceptional window that we would like. Life isn't that black and white!

Would I also like the board to invest more? Of course I would, but that's not the situation we are in and sometimes you need to be rational.

What do you believe the board should do? What is the other option? No fairytale answers, just sensible options and then I'll agree.

Sorry mate I was under the impression that nothing but the best was good enough.

I want the board to stop loaning next season's money for today. I want the board to stop loaning to repay loans.

West Bromwich Albion did not sell Berahino and have spent thirty million. West Brom. They've brought in players that they need. I'm not demanding that we burst into a metaphorical strip club filled with footballers and start stuffing notes down their shirts, I'm demanding that Martinez is giving the funding that he requires to get the squad to an acceptable position. We missed out on a number 10. Martinez has said that a number 10 was his absolute priority target and has been saying it for weeks. We have had weeks to buy one. We have failed in buying one because Martinez is not giving a fair share of the disgustingly ludicrous TV and sponsorship deal.

I know i'll forget about it and move on but god I (and I think most Evertonian's) would have loved Yarmolenko here.

That genuinely exciting player that can unlock a defence with a swish of his boot.

Honestly think unless we've made a secret (and binding) deal to get him in January we won't be getting him ever, especially if he lights up the Champions League, he'll have all the top teams lining up for him.

File under Riquelme, Moutinho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back