Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back in for Yarmonlenko in Jan, no doubt. Might get him for a fair whack cheaper too.
The echo said "Yarmolenko is keen on a move out of his hometown club - but was never totally sold on a switch to Goodison."

The only reason he would have moved here was because we would offer him premiership football. In January loads of clubs will be in for him and if they get knocked out of the champions league the price won't be a issue. He will get a move wherever he wants to go which won't be us.

I said at the time. We should have went in early and big and gave the owner a decision to make if we really wanted him.

There have been some positives from this window.

I'm no supporter of the board but ultimately we will finish with a net spend of just under £20 million.

There are a lot of premier clubs with a net spend less than that. New deals for Mirallas and McCarthy.

However, as Martinez made a play maker his priority it is a bit damning not to strengthen in that area. He has effectively admitted to fans that he did not strengthen the area that needed strengthening. To go from "2 more attacking players" to just Lennon is poor and the fans know it.

But it is.

You have preferences in business, but if it's a vital part of your setup but you can't afford or can't access your number one target, you go for an alternative.

To not have an alternative is stupid business.

It's not even close to being the same thing.

Maybe Yarmolenko was the alternative. We have no idea.

To all saying champions league teams will come in for Yarmonlenko in January - premier league champions league teams? He wants to play in the Premiership. We'll get him.

Is correct. But might make playing for an English CL club attractive. The one detail I could never get in all this was why he sacked Arsenal off. Perhaps he didnt get the feeling he would be a starter there, or that we had words when we played them and he "got" us. Dunno.

CN1WYZDW8AA74bw.jpg
Pathetic.

I know i'll forget about it and move on but god I (and I think most Evertonian's) would have loved Yarmolenko here.

That genuinely exciting player that can unlock a defence with a swish of his boot.

Honestly think unless we've made a secret (and binding) deal to get him in January we won't be getting him ever, especially if he lights up the Champions League, he'll have all the top teams lining up for him.

File under Riquelme, Moutinho lol
But we have many things to be excited about here mate. Mirallas, Deulofeu, Lukaku, Barkley, Besic, McCarthy, Coleman, Stones, Baines, Garbutt etc... We have a team that can win any game. COYB!

The window could have gone better, no doubt, but I still see the 15/16 team as an upgrade over last year's.

On the plus: More confident Barkley at the 10, 3 capable wingers instead of 1.5 (.5 for Lennon loan), locked up ready-made Baines replacement, Cleverley looks handy and an upgrade on Osman, Stones one year wiser and physically stronger, Mori can't be worse than Alcaraz and last year's Distin, and hell, even Kone seems to have shaken the smell of turd off of him

On the negative: A true playmaker is still badly needed (but that isn't a change from last year), our older squad players when/if healthy seemed to have outlived their usefulness

Jury's out: Galloway, Pennington, Browning will be given time to sink or swim, Hennen looks promising, and Rodriguez did have that tasty overhead on his YouTube highlights

oh boy

Jeremy Peace and West Bromwich Albion have released a statement with regards to Saido Berahino and Tottenham Hotspur.

Berahino earlier posted a tweet airing his discontent after the club rejected Spurs' third and fourth bids for the striker.

Peace said: “We have a key player who has been very unsettled by antics which were designed to get him out of our club cheaply.

"Those tactics have continued despite my making our position clear in my first conversation with Daniel Levy on this subject in mid-August. I said selling Saido so late in the window was not on our agenda.

“Saido has been unsettled to the point where our Head Coach has not felt able to select him for our last three games. We are now left with the task of repairing the damage created by this unfortunate episode.”

SHOTS FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back