Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Determined to pollute this forum with your negativity tonight. Yes, there are negatives with this window, but there are also positives of not only the transfer window but also what we have going forward.

I didn't say anything negative about Funes Mori - I said in my opinion Henry has never seen him play.

Martinez and his staff are responsible for identifying targets not the board as well you know Dave, no blame on them for us not moving on quick enough. It's down to Martinez and his external optimistic out look.
Down to Martinez not to have prioritized a playmaker. It's down to the board to have made him decide between a CB (also desperately needed) and a playmaker.

There should have been cash for both and then some.

I really hope Stones doesn't take a nosedive (from average defensive qualities to week in, week out glaring errors) or the decision to keep him will look like the balls up of the decade.

I'd have punted him as soon as Chelsea got near £30M. That cash plus the money spent would have reinvigorated the squad with quality.

Still, most wanted him kept, so the manager of even board cant be blamed for caving into that.

Is correct. But might make playing for an English CL club attractive. The one detail I could never get in all this was why he sacked Arsenal off. Perhaps he didnt get the feeling he would be a starter there, or that we had words when we played them and he "got" us. Dunno.

Could very well be either mate, a bit like Mirallas signed for us over Arsenal.

Only speculation as well, but he may want to move to a club that is in the prem to effectively showcase him for what apparently is his dream move to Barca, and for that game time is ultra important as is being the focal point of that team - at Arsenal that ain't gonna happen for example

To all saying champions league teams will come in for Yarmonlenko in January - premier league champions league teams? He wants to play in the Premiership. We'll get him.

Spurs
The RS
Arsenal

All sadly more attractive options than us - will offer much better wages and are closer to the CL places. Owners willing to see the club spend cash. Players do not care about club history; they care about where the club is going. The RS might even be as far from the CL places as us but they're spending truckloads every year and players see that as ambition.

(not advocating huge net spends so don't twist my words, just giving examples)

All in all pretty decent window provided Lennon gets done. Not the exciting and superb window I was hoping for though. Whatever way you look at it, we didn't manage to bring in that one player in that one outlined position that was classed as the most important to fill. That no 10 position could make the world of difference to our season.

Is correct. But might make playing for an English CL club attractive. The one detail I could never get in all this was why he sacked Arsenal off. Perhaps he didnt get the feeling he would be a starter there, or that we had words when we played them and he "got" us. Dunno.
Wenger

Again, it is.

OK, imagine it was a business who have account managers.

You identify you need a new manager for a new account, but that highly rated guy named John from a rival company isn't available.

So you go, "oh well, let's not get any account manager for that account."

Doesn't make sense. Players are assets. Yarmolenko would have been an identified asset, who had qualities to fill an identified role.

But if you have identified the need for that role, you don't put all your eggs in one basket. No business would do that.

Everton seemingly did, or we missed out on three or four others - which would make us incompetent.

So after identifying a business need and failing to fill it, which will impact our business model for at the very least the next six months, we're either stupid, incompetent, or both.

Oh ok. You say it is so it must be.

GK - Howard, Robles

Defenders - Coleman, Baines, Galloway, Oviedo, Jagielka, Stones, Mori, Browning, Pennington.........I refuse to count Hibbert any more.

Midfielders - Barry, McCarthy, Besic, Barkley, Gibson, Osman, Cleverley.

Wide players - Mirallas, Del, Lennon, McGeady, Peinaar.

Forwards - Lukaku, Kone, Naismith and Rodriguez.

Quite a bit of quality in there, but a lot of unproven too and also some players that perhaps should have been moved in now in reality....

Again, it is.

OK, imagine it was a business who have account managers.

You identify you need a new manager for a new account, but that highly rated guy named John from a rival company isn't available.

So you go, "oh well, let's not get any account manager for that account."

Doesn't make sense. Players are assets. Yarmolenko would have been an identified asset, who had qualities to fill an identified role.

But if you have identified the need for that role, you don't put all your eggs in one basket. No business would do that.

Everton seemingly did, or we missed out on three or four others - which would make us incompetent.

So after identifying a business need and failing to fill it, which will impact our business model for at the very least the next six months, we're either stupid, incompetent, or both.

Or get a temp in I.E. a loan and try again for John. You wouldn't leave the position empty.

GrumpyCatEFC_zpsxq8slmo0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back