Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I'd question is did Everton actually have a plan B in this scenario? Yarmolenko (who himself is not a natural "No. 10") isn't the only footballer on the planet better than the Osman/Naismith/whatever combination would be used if Barkley dropped deeper.

Yes, we shouldn't throw money at players who aren't good enough. But we also shouldn't fall in love with players to the point where no one else will do. When Martinez falls, he falls hard.

We will never ever know the answers mate. But people will make their own conclusions and fume accordingly.

Are people so simple?

The number 10 thing is basic common sense. We clearly wanted Yarmolenko. That's obvious. Would have been boss too.

Did you really want us to go and splash up to £20m on second or third choice?

Christ. I'm glad you don't run my business.
Yes. It's obvious we won't get him in January so it would have been better to know that now and be able to bring in a No 10 for this season.

The last season we will probably have our young stars like Stones, Barkley and Lukaku. We didn't have the time to wait another season. This team has to win something or it will get broken up.

Stones will go certainly and Barkley will have 2 years on his contract next summer.

It's not even close to being the same thing.

Maybe Yarmolenko was the alternative. We have no idea.

Again, it is.

OK, imagine it was a business who have account managers.

You identify you need a new manager for a new account, but that highly rated guy named John from a rival company isn't available.

So you go, "oh well, let's not get any account manager for that account."

Doesn't make sense. Players are assets. Yarmolenko would have been an identified asset, who had qualities to fill an identified role.

But if you have identified the need for that role, you don't put all your eggs in one basket. No business would do that.

Everton seemingly did, or we missed out on three or four others - which would make us incompetent.

So after identifying a business need and failing to fill it, which will impact our business model for at the very least the next six months, we're either stupid, incompetent, or both.

Pffft.

SAny port in a storm.

Martinez is Bill's boy. Just like Moyes was.

Five years he'll be here, minimum. He's earned his brownie points with BK and his gang this window.
Liked this because I was getting a bit sick of you letting Martinez slide when you would have been giving Moyes all the grief in the world... at least be consistent when you demand it of others.

That was a decent transfer window, the problem we have is our team/squad is at a level that the players we need to improve it either want cl footy or cost a lot of money. Its a difficult situation.

The echo said "Yarmolenko is keen on a move out of his hometown club - but was never totally sold on a switch to Goodison."

The only reason he would have moved here was because we would offer him premiership football. In January loads of clubs will be in for him and if they get knocked out of the champions league the price won't be a issue. He will get a move wherever he wants to go which won't be us.

I said at the time. We should have went in early and big and gave the owner a decision to make if we really wanted him.

*gives up*

I bet most people here who is going crazy for not signing Yarmalenko have never even heard of the guy before we got interested in him.

You do realise Yarmolenko scored an absolute belter against us last season and was a massive part in putting us out of Europe right? He's not some unknown tool playing in Belarus mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back