Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of them would struggle to make our starting 11 though.

They also sold three of their best players in Huth, Nzonzi and Begovic for 18 mill.

Huth never got a game in ages for them. Nzonzi will be a miss, no idea what the midfielder from Bayern is like they signed to replace him. Some young winger from Barca as well today

People will moan on here, but if an offer came in for 30m for McCarthy I'd definitely let him go.

A midfielder whose only job is to sit in front of the back four for 30m? Barry playing ever other week does that job. Besic can grow into that role. You could sign somebody ace from abroad who could do that for 10m.

I think James is ace like, but he is quite limited in what he does, even though he does it quite well.

Obviously it'd be better if Kenwright put his hand in his pocket, but it doesn't seem like he wants to, so who else can we sell to generate substantial funds to get a striker and number 10 in?
If an offer of 80 million came in for Lukaku I would let him go too

If an offer of 80 million came in for Lukaku I would let him go too
I'd sell him for 40m like, as we could sign three first XI players and be a better team and squad for it. That's what we have to do under the Kenwrong regime.

Huth never got a game in ages for them. Nzonzi will be a miss, no idea what the midfielder from Bayern is like they signed to replace him. Some young winger from Barca as well today

Van Ginkel is on loan from Chelsea and Wollschild was there from Jan onward last season they only signed him perm this summer he's a centre back. They have lost some good players and signed some dross as far as I can see. The kid from Barca is 19.

Tbf to Huth he was the catylist in a stunning run of clean sheets that kept Leicster up, had a bad time with injuries at Stoke.

Lost:

Wilkinson (released)
Palacios (released)
Begovic (8mill)
Nzonzi (7mill)
Huth (3mill)
Sorensen(released)
Moses (loan return)

Signed

Joselu (6mill)
Wollcheild (perm post loan) (2.7mill)
Hauguerd (young keeper) (600k)
Johnson (free)
Given (free)
Van Ginkel (Chelsea loan)
El Ouriachi (free)

Looks gash to me.

Looking at the state of the list as it is, can we all agree the following?

-Keepers will stay the same
-Deulofeu and Cleverley are good additions
-Browning and Galloway (in the place of Alcazar & Distin) are fine
-We desperately need that #10 we have been craving for years
-We desperately need a striker. Lukaku goes down and we are fighting a relegation battle. Kone isn't prolific. In fact he is rubbish.
-We need one more experienced CB.

3 players. I don't care if we are broke and can only get 3 loans. But we need those 3 mentioned above as a priority.

the worst thing about alcaraz was that he couldnt provide proper cover because he was constantly injured. we'd be stuck with the same issue with evans. similar extent for vlaar i'd presume but i don't think we're in for him.

Well Bobby did say that we've currently 'balanced the books' which means there should be money to spend. YOU GOTTA SPEND SOME TO WIN SOME

How did this turn into a Stoke transfer forum.
Yes, it's altogether very odd isn't it. I always anticipate some left field perambulations to occur in the annual 'silly season' thread but the recent fixation with Stoke's activity has found even a sardonic wit like me somewhat bemused. It's Stoke FFS!
maxresdefault.jpg

Vlaar for free would be a shrewd way to bridge the gap between Jags/Stones and Browning/Galloway. Easier to stomach than spunking $5m upwards on Johnny Evans as a backup CB.

Then spunk the remainder of the war chest on some creativity.
Oh and lets get a derisory bid in for Victor Valdes while LVG is still fuming :coffee:

Sounds like valdes has been for sale for a while if hes had a strop on since refusing to play for the reserves...

Vlaar is too slow...

Vlaar for free would be a shrewd way to bridge the gap between Jags/Stones and Browning/Galloway. Easier to stomach than spunking $5m upwards on Johnny Evans as a backup CB.

Then spunk the remainder of the war chest on some creativity.
Oh and lets get a derisory bid in for Victor Valdes while LVG is still fuming :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back