Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......based on links to date, RMs idea of a back up striker appears a young relatively unproven youngster with potential and a hunger to make it in the Premier League.

Van Ginkel is on loan from Chelsea and Wollschild was there from Jan onward last season they only signed him perm this summer he's a centre back. They have lost some good players and signed some dross as far as I can see. The kid from Barca is 19.

Tbf to Huth he was the catylist in a stunning run of clean sheets that kept Leicster up, had a bad time with injuries at Stoke.

Lost:

Wilkinson (released)
Palacios (released)
Begovic (8mill)
Nzonzi (7mill)
Huth (3mill)
Sorensen(released)
Moses (loan return)

Signed

Joselu (6mill)
Wollcheild (perm post loan) (2.7mill)
Hauguerd (young keeper) (600k)
Johnson (free)
Given (free)
Van Ginkel (Chelsea loan)
El Ouriachi (free)

Looks gash to me.

But they have bought players. That means they are over taking us

Van Ginkel is on loan from Chelsea and Wollschild was there from Jan onward last season they only signed him perm this summer he's a centre back. They have lost some good players and signed some dross as far as I can see. The kid from Barca is 19.

Tbf to Huth he was the catylist in a stunning run of clean sheets that kept Leicster up, had a bad time with injuries at Stoke.

Lost:

Wilkinson (released)
Palacios (released)
Begovic (8mill)
Nzonzi (7mill)
Huth (3mill)
Sorensen(released)
Moses (loan return)

Signed

Joselu (6mill)
Wollcheild (perm post loan) (2.7mill)
Hauguerd (young keeper) (600k)
Johnson (free)
Given (free)
Van Ginkel (Chelsea loan)
El Ouriachi (free)

Looks gash to me.

The good players they have lost is Nzoni and Begovic, and Begovic is debatable after the season he had. Only Howard with worse stats than him last season. The other 5 players made a total of 20 appearances between them.

More than likely that Sergi from Barca will replace Nzonzi, and a lot of Stoke fans wanted Begovic dropped sooner for Butland. Not really that much of a loss really.

Quite possible we will struggle to catch them again this season, the likes of these and West Ham are our competition these days.

Martinez is saying all the right things for me....

My responsibility is to try to keep bringing competition into the squad. I think what we have got now is a very strong competition for places and we don't want to lose that.

"We are not in a situation at this football club that we have to sell to balance the books. What we want is to be successful and create a winning team.

It's important that we keep improving, keep getting stronger and that is the only focus we have - not losing assets.

Yes, it's altogether very odd isn't it. I always anticipate some left field perambulations to occur in the annual 'silly season' thread but the recent fixation with Stoke's activity has found even a sardonic wit like me somewhat bemused. It's Stoke FFS!
maxresdefault.jpg
That's a load of Morlocks

Cant tell if that last bit is sarcastic or not

It's not, he's just miserable.

Were miles better than stoke, we will finish way above them this season..

Pretty sure after the last game of the season we finished 11th and Stoke 9th. Ergo, this season we are playing catchup to them.

Just like Man City are playing catch up to Chelsea, don't think finishing behind an opponent is beating them.

Pretty sure after the last game of the season we finished 11th and Stoke 9th. Ergo, this season we are playing catchup to them.

Just like Man City are playing catch up to Chelsea, don't think finishing behind an opponent is beating them.

And they did the double over us!!

Got a funny feeling they won't be carrying last seasons points over to this one and we'll start level with everyone else this season.

Maybe they'll be playing "catchup" after the first weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back