Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called. It.
image.webp

£8m seems a little too much but he'll be a good signing. He's got top experience, he's a ball playing centre back, and he's actually rather good at defending too. He's about 14 times better than Alcaraz. It's only too high because there's only a year left on his deal.

Who? Experienced?

Jags, Stones and Browning as the third.

You need 4 CBs really, and whoever we sign needs to be experienced given the age of Stones and Browning.

Galloway long term will be a CB but Martinez said he'll play at left-back a lot to learn his trade.

Sergi isnt a playmaker though

He's someone that can pick up the ball from deep, travel, beat a man and play a cheeky through ball isn't he? Like what the manager said in the fans forum meeting at the end of the season?

However, ive seen very little of him so I will bow to your superior knowledge mate if you know different.

I'm sorry but what do people honestly expect?

Yes, Evans is by no means the best defender in the world, but he's solid and experienced at the highest level and will slot straight into the squad.

We finished 11th last season and like it or not that means we can't attract the highest calibre of players - heck even the category down from that. Good CBs who are cheap and can fit right into the PL are notoriously difficult to find. I've said all along that for the right price he'd be a sensible signing. There aren't too many other options out there that we could get in.

Am I the only one who rates him? A few seasons ago he was playing brilliantly under Fergie and was really good on the ball, United fans were lamenting him being out the team as soon as Rio or Vidic got back fit. He's had injuries and has looked shaky under Moyes and Van Gaal but who hadn't? Jones Smalling and Rojo are also all over the shop there. Another player who knows how to win stuff. This allows us to go three at the back or to rotate our CBs without a drop in quality. If jags or Stones get injured everyone will be thankful for him.

He's someone that can pick up the ball from deep, travel, beat a man and play a cheeky through ball isn't he? Like what the manager said in the fans forum meeting at the end of the season?

However, ive seen very little of him so I will bow to your superior knowledge mate if you know different.

I dunno if the playmaker probably will play that role. He'll play out wide like Pienaar has - dropping deep and cutting inside to link up play (like Pienaar has).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back