Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Gea also played and conceded 4 against MK Dons. He's supposedly the best keeper in Europe atm. You name me a better CB we could get who a) has the same experience and b) will be happy to be third-choice CB (at first)

Surely your not saying hes the best available for that price? hopefully he wont want to come and be third choice because hes wank

If we do sign Evans for 8 mil. That'll take our summer spending up to 12 mil.

And on that basis I'd be shocked if we had any more than 6-8 mil left to spend.

I think that's all we'll need if we shop smart on the continent mate. And never mind what RM says, I think McGeady will go.

If that still doesn't give us enough, then I think Kev may go, and we'll use the funds to buy a playmaker and most likely Lennon.

Lol, I know that it's good for us.

But when you look at the teams around us, and in the knowledge that there should be more money available, it's a little bit disappointing.

In fairness, Spurs are only spending what they're gonna get back from sales. Liverpool can't afford much more after the Benteke deal (if they get him). Southampton won't splash £15/20mil on anyone. Swansea aren't gonna get loads in either. We've had a solid window so far, and I think RM will pull a bargain out of the hat in regards to the playmaker.

Surely your not saying hes the best available for that price? hopefully he wont want to come and be third choice because hes wank

With Premier League, International and Champions League experience, while still only being 27, and will come in as decent back up? No, I don't think they're are.

Alderweireld is about it, and he's gone to Spurs.

He's better than Ogbonna, who was £8mil and has gone to West Ham. Dann is better, but Palace wanted £12mil for him.

Cant see it being £8mill, we wouldnt pay a similar amount fro Cleverley when he only had 1yr left and he's a Martinez favourite. Probably £5mill then add ons which for a prem proven player who is a good defender, left footed and is comfortable on the ball is a decent price. He's played over 20 games in each of the last 7 seasons at Man U.

In fairness, Spurs are only spending what they're gonna get back from sales. Liverpool can't afford much more after the Benteke deal (if they get him). Southampton won't splash £15/20mil on anyone. Swansea aren't gonna get loads in either. We've had a solid window so far, and I think RM will pull a bargain out of the hat in regards to the playmaker.

Perhaps I am being a bit over dramatic. Like @MartSlinger said, if someone had offered me a winger, CB and playmaker for 20 mil with no outgoings at the end of last season, I'd have been all over it.

Just hoping whoever Martinez is targeting to for a playmaker isn't affected by spending 8 mil on Evans, if indeed it does go ahead.

Has it been mentioned that Barca are open to Arda Turan going out on loan and it can't be a champions league club?

It's defo on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back