Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More bothered about the price. Think everyone knew and understood that the CB coming in would be an experienced one. £8m is ridiculous.

Evans was a good centre half a couple of years back. Clearly lost his way at United but I'm definitely on board with the idea he could find his form again with us.

I understand that it seems to be the order of the day for every football fan to ridicule him but there are far worse centre halves all over the league.

He's someone that can pick up the ball from deep, travel, beat a man and play a cheeky through ball isn't he? Like what the manager said in the fans forum meeting at the end of the season?

However, ive seen very little of him so I will bow to your superior knowledge mate if you know different.
Hes nothing like that, he just keeps things simple and ticking over.

We needs someone thats played there all there lives and has experience, cant half ass it

I'm sorry but what do people honestly expect?

Yes, Evans is by no means the best defender in the world, but he's solid and experienced at the highest level and will slot straight into the squad.

We finished 11th last season and like it or not that means we can't attract the highest calibre of players - heck even the category down from that. Good CBs who are cheap and can fit right into the PL are notoriously difficult to find. I've said all along that for the right price he'd be a sensible signing. There aren't too many other options out there that we could get in.

Hes absolute garbage. mk dons ripped him up for arse paper. there must be better than him out there hes as bad as titus bramble

It will probably be the usual bit of a down payment, with the usual add ons,but doubt it will come to 8million,if we complete this move,know for 1 million % fact we seen his medical records 2 weeks ago

Hes absolute garbage. mk dons ripped him up for arse paper. there must be better than him out there hes as bad as titus bramble

De Gea also played and conceded 4 against MK Dons. He's supposedly the best keeper in Europe atm. You name me a better CB we could get who a) has the same experience and b) will be happy to be third-choice CB (at first)

He'll do.

If we sign a good number 10 and a striker now, without losing McCarthy, Mirallas, Stones, Coleman or Lukaku then it'll have been, to quote Roberto, a phenomenal window.

Deulofeu
Cleverley
Evans
Number 10
Striker

That'd have been more than any of us were expecting before the window.

The problem will be, of course, when Martinez decides that having Kone and Naismith is good enough for us not to buy a good striker.

More bothered about the price. Think everyone knew and understood that the CB coming in would be an experienced one. £8m is ridiculous.

I really do think it'll be 'up to £8mil', mate. I'd wager on it been around £6/6.5mil, with potential add ons to make it £8mil.

If we do sign Evans for 8 mil. That'll take our summer spending up to 12 mil.

And on that basis I'd be shocked if we had any more than 6-8 mil left to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back