Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we have that bridging loan that shuffles the tv cash forward for us....that's the one the *ahem* normal *ahem* interest rates are paid into the BVI finance vehicle the club do business with...the one that *ahem* has nothing whatsoever to do with Earl or Green.

Behave dave

I accept that the clubs finances and how we do business in the transfer windows are interlinked, but please keep the talk about the boards finances in the board thread and stay on-topic in here.

Ta

Maybe. I know there's no waiting on cash now. Lukaku was bought about a week later into the summer than we are right now.

Without any player sales, how much budget would you guess we have left?

I'd say £10-15m, optimistically..

I dont know mate. I suppose all you can do is gauge it by activity and there is none. It's all guesswork on our part, but if we get to the end of the window without a player sale of magnitude I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'd be staggered if we had anything approaching a spend of the tv cash plus cash from a player going.

My concern is more that we do business asap. If we do and we buy players in the positions we all know we need to fill then that'd have to do. We know what we're stuck with here at this club, we have to get on with it.

I'd say 15m left is about right and that Martinez knows he may struggle to get permanent deals for a centre half and a creative midfielder in within budget. If he can't get both in within budget then I'd guess he'll be looking for a loan deal to fill one of those positions. In an ideal world we'd loan a centre half with a view to Galloway and / or Browning stepping up a notch in 2016/17, but life doesn't always work out like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back