Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think Martinez is thinking about RB?

Browning to play there before moving to CB? Or is he banking on a youth player to come through in the next 12 months?

I get the feeling he isn't even thinking about it.

Or that he is, and genuinely believes Tony Hibbert is the answer.

It's such a strange one, Naismith and Kone are clearly not good enough...Long seems to be moving on and McAleny has shown nothing other than a Swindon friendly cameo...

I dont think anyone would be fussed if all 4 left and 1 good prospect was brought in.

......we need a CF of some promise and quality, we can't totally rely on one player up front all season. The majority of clubs will have a number of creditable options with the type of player you fear coming off the bench, we have none.

It seems like hes really hoping that these older players can last 'just one more' season...but we see how that worked for Distin.

The only solace i take from it all is that 5 players are out of contract next season...

I get the feeling he isn't even thinking about it.

Or that he is, and genuinely believes Tony Hibbert is the answer.

It's such a strange one, Naismith and Kone are clearly not good enough...Long seems to be moving on and McAleny has shown nothing other than a Swindon friendly cameo...

I dont think anyone would be fussed if all 4 left and 1 good prospect was brought in.
Agreed. This past week underlines that it's not only essential now to bring a new CB and playmaker in, but also cover for Lukaku. If Lukaku was injured for any length of time it'd destroy our season. We cant allow ourselves to be placed in that position.

Unlike last summer, I think RM will work the loan market much more this time around.

I think that we will sign a Cf ( he will have seen that Kone is awful today, A CB ( he tried to sign Dann and a playmaker (he tried to sign Payet).

Badly need a playmaker and a new centre back. If these don't come in before start of the season we're in trouble. Worrying that all talk of this foreign playmaker has gone quiet.

Also very much in need of a back up right back, another winger and another striker. And that's if Mirallas stays.

Lennon on deadline day, a good centre half and a top playmaker and we'll call it a great window.

There's simply no excuse for the funds not to be there.

I think it's embarrassing that we're being outspent by everyone again. I don't think we can have great players everywhere, but having a good player in each position is important. Or at least in the key positions; you just don't have a good season with an awful goalkeeper.

We also need some serious 2nd choice options. Having to play Tony Hibbert is a terrifying prospect. We can't expect a great like for like RB necessarily, but we physically would have to play Hibbert, as given our lack of CB depth we couldn't play Stones there. It just seems odd that we have 3 good LBs and only 1 RB.

However, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who we have if our tactics are wrong. And I've seen nothing to suggest a tactical renaissance from Roberto. I firmly believe we'll be playing the same static, dull and repetitive tosh we played last year. I only put so much hope into us signing a good playmaker or keeper, as they're the kinds of players that can win you points even if your tactics are rubbish!
Embarrassing that we've been out spent by EVERYONE, with 6 weeks of the window to go and only 2 weeks since it opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back