Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking you've guesses every single one of those figures?

hiddles_counting_gif_by_icefloe_artsoul-d5j6pdo.gif

Thats the issue though would he be keen to move if he was told he would be 3rd choice?

Who knows.

Just because MLS teams would welcome Howard doesn't mean he's interested in moving back. The sense over here is that he won't return to the MLS.

That tends to be the missing piece in a lot of these conversations. The player has to agree to a move.

Do we have a good/great player in every position in our first choice XI?
Answer: No.

Do we have at least 2 solid options fighting for every position?

Do we still have Arouna Kone?
Answer: Yes.

Is there a fast forward button for this season, lads?

I do find it amusing that some people on this forum wouldn't sell Stones "for any price", but will simultaneously complain about the above.

Everton aren't City. They can't have multiple world class players at every position. They have to choose between potentially having X great players or potentially having 2X good players.

(Not saying you fall under that category, RFUS.)

We have too many glaring weaknesses in the team/squad I think. I just can't see us fixing all of them, or heck, even half of them.

I mean we have no serious goalkeeping options.
We only have one RB who is still capable of playing football.
We have no playmaker.
We only have one striker who actually scores goals.
We do however, have at least 4 or 5 players that are not good enough either for the roles they are asked to play, or just generally not good enough, that the manager seems to love.

McCarthy is our best and Barkley will show his class this season if alongside him

debatable. i just think for all round skills gibson is stronger at the moment . he can tackle , read the game well going forward and defending, keeps hold of the ball , is strong , great scope of passing and can shoot.

I do find it amusing that some people on this forum wouldn't sell Stones "for any price", but will simultaneously complain about the above.

Everton aren't City. They can't have multiple world class players at every position. They have to choose between potentially having X great players or potentially having 2X good players.

I think it's embarrassing that we're being outspent by everyone again. I don't think we can have great players everywhere, but having a good player in each position is important. Or at least in the key positions; you just don't have a good season with an awful goalkeeper.

We also need some serious 2nd choice options. Having to play Tony Hibbert is a terrifying prospect. We can't expect a great like for like RB necessarily, but we physically would have to play Hibbert, as given our lack of CB depth we couldn't play Stones there. It just seems odd that we have 3 good LBs and only 1 RB.

However, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who we have if our tactics are wrong. And I've seen nothing to suggest a tactical renaissance from Roberto. I firmly believe we'll be playing the same static, dull and repetitive tosh we played last year. I only put so much hope into us signing a good playmaker or keeper, as they're the kinds of players that can win you points even if your tactics are rubbish!

Sad thing is for the first 11 we only really lack 2 players, a GK and a playmaker.

The backup with a few changes could easily be improved as well...

Is there a fast forward button for this season, lads?

Personally, im not asking for us to have 2 top players for every position...

GK - not a single decent keeper
Playmaker - zilch

We really missed the boat on Butland a few years ago...were majorly linked to him when stoke signed him as well. Also playmakers dont cost the world, ziyech has been championed as have others...

I think most fans would be understanding if Kone and Naismith were sold and one decent forward brought in....

I dont think too many would complain if Gibson and Barry were given frees...

McGeady + cash for a better winger.

Not impossible...id just like to see at least an effort to move some of them on.

I have to agree that naismith,kone,mcgeady and gibson, hibbert should be ofloaded nd have young players with potential in the squad instead

Kone / Gibson / Pienaar / Osman / Hibbert all out of contract next season so could be 5 players out which is a fair bit of upheaval.

Would be nice to see McGeady/Naismith moved on this window and Jan Barry out the door as well...could all be done in 12 months

We have too many glaring weaknesses in the team/squad I think. I just can't see us fixing all of them, or heck, even half of them.

I mean we have no serious goalkeeping options.
We only have one RB who is still capable of playing football.
We have no playmaker.
We only have one striker who actually scores goals.
We do however, have at least 4 or 5 players that are not good enough either for the roles they are asked to play, or just generally not good enough, that the manager seems to love.

What do you think Martinez is thinking about RB?

Browning to play there before moving to CB? Or is he banking on a youth player to come through in the next 12 months?

I think it's embarrassing that we're being outspent by everyone again. I don't think we can have great players everywhere, but having a good player in each position is important. Or at least in the key positions; you just don't have a good season with an awful goalkeeper.

We also need some serious 2nd choice options. Having to play Tony Hibbert is a terrifying prospect. We can't expect a great like for like RB necessarily, but we physically would have to play Hibbert, as given our lack of CB depth we couldn't play Stones there. It just seems odd that we have 3 good LBs and only 1 RB.

However, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who we have if our tactics are wrong. And I've seen nothing to suggest a tactical renaissance from Roberto. I firmly believe we'll be playing the same static, dull and repetitive tosh we played last year. I only put so much hope into us signing a good playmaker or keeper, as they're the kinds of players that can win you points even if your tactics are rubbish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back