Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should be making bids for ALL chelseas best young players now and Martinez to come out and publically say they will have game time if they join us...

List the bids down one by one for each player and say they are welcome to discuss internally with their players...

Ok, we digress here.

Back to transfers that may or may not be on.

And probably aren't.

things will start to pick up when we're back from asia - we obviously weren't going to do any business whilst we were over there. i think martinez playing kone for so long today was an indication he's a bit unsure of him and that will hopefully see us get a striker in. i can only think of Rafael silva as the playmaker - never seen him play though.

Since when has a pre season friendly taken on such significance ?

We know we need a creative midfielder, we have known that since last season, the managed has acknowledged this.
We will improve as we go on and there were some encouraging performances. I thought Coleman, Stones, Jagielka and Garbutt all did ok.
I think a midfield trio of Barry, McCarthy and Cleverley just doesn't work. I thought Cleverley improved a lot in the second half but I think Barry brings very little to the team at this stage.

Deulofeu made some decisions but I just love to see him in possession he just is so unpredictable and will get getter with game time.
Mirallas was lively as was Naismith.
I thought Barkley looked interested and involved , but yes we do need a creative spark.

Arsenal are a good team and I thought they were able to deal with the conditions better than us, but when league points are at stake this will be long forgotten.

Since when has a pre season friendly taken on such significance ?

We know we need a creative midfielder, we have known that since last season, the managed has acknowledged this.
We will improve as we go on and there were some encouraging performances. I thought Coleman, Stones, Jagielka and Garbutt all did ok.
I think a midfield trio of Barry, McCarthy and Cleverley just doesn't work. I thought Cleverley improved a lot in the second half but I think Barry brings very little to the team at this stage.

Deulofeu made some decisions but I just love to see him in possession he just is so unpredictable and will get getter with game time.
Mirallas was lively as was Naismith.
I thought Barkley looked interested and involved , but yes we do need a creative spark.

Arsenal are a good team and I thought they were able to deal with the conditions better than us, but when league points are at stake this will be long forgotten.

No significance at all. I think it just highlighted what we're lacking as a side, not that we needed it highlighting for us!

I donno if anyone mentioned this but i think we were in for Evans as reported and deal was almost agreed untill Chelsea made their offer for Stones, which made us stall the Evans bid.

I donno if anyone mentioned this but i think we were in for Evans as reported and deal was almost agreed untill Chelsea made their offer for Stones, which made us stall the Evans bid.

Why would we stall if another club was in for one of our players? Be more incentive to sign him surely, despite the manager denying it !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back