Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of numbers, we are overstocked, in terms of quality, its wanting and its very unbalanced, but as I say numbers wise and possibly wages wise, its at a peak IMO.

GK
Tim Howard
Joel Robles

RB
Seamus Coleman
Tony Hibbert

LB
Leighton Baines
Luke Garbutt
Bryan Oviedo

CB
Phil Jagielka
John Stones
Brendan Galloway
Tyias Browning

DM/CM
Gareth Barry
Mume Besic
James McCarthy
Darron Gibson
Tom Cleverley

Wingers
Aidean McGeady
Kevin Mirallas
Steven Pienaar
Gerard Deulofeu

ACM
Ross Barkley
Steven Naismith
Leon Osman

ST
Romelu Lukaku
Arouna Kone

I don't think Galloway and Browning are an issue for the numbers, especially not wages wise. They're not gonna play that much this season. Discounting them two you've got a 23 man squad which is sound.

We need to lose Gibson and Osman, get the coveted "no. 10", "playmaker" or whatever you want to call him in, and get a CB in. If we can somehow bin Kone and get a decent backup striker in I'll cry happy tears.

I don't think Galloway and Browning are an issue for the numbers, especially not wages wise. They're not gonna play that much this season. Discounting them two you've got a 23 man squad which is sound.

We need to lose Gibson and Osman, get the coveted "no. 10", "playmaker" or whatever you want to call him in, and get a CB in. If we can somehow bin Kone and get a decent backup striker in I'll cry happy tears.

23 is fine, I put Galloway and Browning in as a sort of "place holder" cos what ever happens, we are defo gonna need to get another CB in, thats a gimme.

No Ins till we get some Out.

Keep telling y'all this, squad is MASSIVE.
Been saying this too. I say it and I get slaughtered for suggesting names to sell to break the deadlock.

We are what we are. We can't wishful think that away.

Stones or Barkley will have to go before we sign players IMO.

Add up possible transfer fees and wages for the players who shouldnt be near the pitch instead of picking out our best players to sell...

Been saying this too. I say it and I get slaughtered for suggesting names to sell to break the deadlock.

Add up possible transfer fees and wages for the players who shouldnt be near the pitch instead of picking out our best players to sell...
agreed. although i think we'll just let a bunch of contracts run out. don't think anyone wants to buy kone, mcgeady,etc

In my opinion the squad maybe needs a good change up or else they need to approach matches differently. If only we played the way we did that second half at home to Kiev.

I think we'll have money without selling, I think that West Ham done a number on us and got both Payet and certainly ogbonna from under our noses which has meant going towards other targets.

For me Martinez needs to get that boldness back of the first season and exploit the loan market whilst getting shot of the deadwood- although sadly he seems to love certain deadwood players (Kone, Naismith, Barry)

I think we'll have money without selling, I think the West Ham done a number on us and get both Payet and certainly ogbonna from under our noses which has meant going towards other targets.

For me Martinez needs to get that boldness back of the first season and exploit the loan market whilst getting shot of the deadwood- although sadly he seems to love certain deadwood players (Kone, Naismith, Barry)

He bought 2 and extended the contract of the other i think, throw in buying mcgeady, contract extensions for hibbert and howard and a likely one for gibson and im fully expecting one for osman too, then basically he has shown a utter lack of player judgement

It won't be Stones or Barkley, unless... and it's a big IF... then it'll be for £50mil. No need to be so doomsday about it... yet. Martinez has said the squad will get smaller, but he's also said he wants to keep the key group together.

For me, that means keeping:
- Coleman
- Stones
- Barks
- McCarthy
- Rom

Nobody will come in for any of the older heads, realistically: e.g. Baines, Jags, Barry

The rest, I'd imagine, aren't exactly up for sale, but, if push comes to shove, would go.

McGeady definitely seems to be on his way - given he's had zero minutes so far in pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back