Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kone won't be going anywhere. Nobody will have him. Plus, Grealish isn't all that, especially not for what we need. We need an experienced head in that position.
and people in here wonder why we are rubbish for the last 3 decades....nil satis what?

Someone would take Kone....theres always someone...

Not sure about an experienced head, sometimes you need a fearless young player to come in and just take the game to the opposition.

Who would be your choices for playmaker?

Personally think Mertens would be great. And he's not an unrealistic target. Other than that, Jonathan dos Santos, or even someone like Garner (currently at Sociedad). He was hit and miss at QPR, but he's a fantastic playmaker.

Someone would take Kone....theres always someone...

Not sure about an experienced head, sometimes you need a fearless young player to come in and just take the game to the opposition.

Who would be your choices for playmaker?
Kone isnt going to make it at everton really shouldnt be anywhere near the squad offers nothing not even nuisances value id take nothing just get get him out if the way. On par with bret angel for me

Last edited:
Personally think Mertens would be great. And he's not an unrealistic target. Other than that, Jonathan dos Santos, or even someone like Garner (currently at Sociedad). He was hit and miss at QPR, but he's a fantastic playmaker.

*Granero

Stocker from Hertha is another good player in the Pienaar mould as well.

why is everyone trying to sell naismith? he's got that knack of getting in the right places and scoring goals - crucial ones at that. we wouldn't get anything more than about £3m for him which would be pointless. i know he's not a great footballer, but he's done well for us given he was free, you need players like that in a squad. we have a good 6 or 7 players to sell before him,

Getting rid of fringe players isn't giving us a transfer warchest. If anyone had to go Barkley would be the one we can afford to let go.

I just hope any such sale is done quickly and not with hardly any time to spend it....although I'm sure the board would love that.
I expect better from you.

Kone... I am now of the persuasion that he should go. But Naismith... to sell him would be daft - he will not fetch us much, and we just need to bring someone in. There is still the merit of a player being willing to sit on the bench, who can still offer us something; for a team like us anyway.

I think we will bring people in and we can't accurately gauge Martinez's tactical nouse from a few pre-season games where people are being given a run-out... but hopefully we will sign a few before the window closes (a while left) to fill the obvious, glaring holes... and unless he is the complete 'el fraudo' some people want to paint him as in here, he will have learnt something from last season and pre-season. It would be nice to see some fluid football before the season starts, though, to alleviate these concerns.

I think that we need a playmaker/cam/acm/no.100000000... but if there truly was limited funds then I want to see Mirallas play there some more, and Barkley in a deeper role, and for us to sign this coveted, wisened CB-head ahead of the confused playmaker position we all so froth for. Which is a shame because 2 seasons ago it seemed so much simpler to enhance our squad.

It's such a key position for me, i'd want Kovacic as 1st choice. In front of McCarthy and alongside Barkley i dont think many teams would be able to compete. Second choice would be Calhanoglu.

*Granero

Stocker from Hertha is another good player in the Pienaar mould as well.

I think we would get £7.5mil.

why is everyone trying to sell naismith? he's got that knack of getting in the right places and scoring goals - crucial ones at that. we wouldn't get anything more than about £3m for him which would be pointless. i know he's not a great footballer, but he's done well for us given he was free, you need players like that in a squad. we have a good 6 or 7 players to sell before him,

Fellaini is literally the best player in the world at controlling the ball and bringing it under control. Unlike Kone who hits it anywhere but goal bound..
I'm not questioning his chest control that is spot on,
But that's about it he was and still is,mediocre at everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back