Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is everyone trying to sell naismith? he's got that knack of getting in the right places and scoring goals - crucial ones at that. we wouldn't get anything more than about £3m for him which would be pointless. i know he's not a great footballer, but he's done well for us given he was free, you need players like that in a squad. we have a good 6 or 7 players to sell before him,
He has scored against Chelsea 3 seasons in row, two seasons in a row vs Arsenal and also found the net against Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool. He has his faults but not many players will have such a good scoring record against the top clubs especially given the lack of service to our forward players everyone is keen to point out.

why is everyone trying to sell naismith? he's got that knack of getting in the right places and scoring goals - crucial ones at that. we wouldn't get anything more than about £3m for him which would be pointless. i know he's not a great footballer, but he's done well for us given he was free, you need players like that in a squad. we have a good 6 or 7 players to sell before him,
Exactly! When we go through those dire patches of football, it is players like Naismith that can get you through, him and lennon have that determination that not many others have...

With Martinez and the squad due to fly back in the next couple of days. Hopefully Martinez ramps up the quest for the couple of additions he keeps alluding too (maybe/not) and we can get our business done in the next week or so.

This will give any (maybe none) new faces the chance to get some minutes under the belt before the new season starts.

The fact that Martinez mentioned Everton don't play out their transfers in the media (like Chelsea), means transfer activity could be bubbling away without any indication.

With Martinez and the squad due to fly back in the next couple of days. Hopefully Martinez ramps up the quest for the couple of additions he keeps alluding too (maybe/not) and we can get our business done in the next week or so.

This will give any (maybe none) new faces the chance to get some minutes under the belt before the new season starts.

The fact that Martinez mentioned Everton don't play out their transfers in the media (like Chelsea), means transfer activity could be bubbling away without any indication.

If I could like my own post I would.

....more Mirallas rumours in this morning's press, the Mirror apparently reporting a £6m offer from West Ham. As far as I'm concerned the figures quoted are way off the mark. Goal scoring wingers should be premium rate. Liverpool bought a winger last season for £20m and I wouldn't swap him for Mirallas. That should be a benchmark.

....more Mirallas rumours in this morning's press, the Mirror apparently reporting a £6m offer from West Ham. As far as I'm concerned the figures quoted are way off the mark. Goal scoring wingers should be premium rate. Liverpool bought a winger last season for £20m and I wouldn't swap him for Mirallas. That should be a benchmark.
think the offers are being lowballed because of his contract

Isn't the mirror written by kids as a school project?

You can't benchmark against the RS as they are loopy fruits when it comes to buying players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back