Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-manchester-city-aston-villa-champions-league

Good article in the Guardian about rich clubs in the premier league buying up all the players.
"Should Everton lose John Stones to Chelsea they will doubtless make a tidy profit on a player David Moyes bought for £3m from Barnsley in 2013, and Goodison knows more than most that every player has his price, yet figures in credit ledgers only excite accountants. The defender would have to be replaced, at fairly short notice and by the only manager in the world willing to sign Antolín Alcaraz twice, and Everton supporters would end up feeling shortchanged. Not because the club would fail to negotiate the best possible price but because a star of the future correctly identified and nurtured by a manager working with Everton’s interests at heart will have ended up playing fewer than 50 games for the club."

Says it all...

Not a link, but Jesus Corona from the Mexican national team is a fantastic prospect on the wing. Glided past defenders like they weren't there tonight.

Romagnoli is the one...

Fantastical wish - that we sign that Caceres fella from Juve... probably unlikely given they've just offloaded Ogbonna to West Sham, but hey - I think he'd provide what Distin could several seasons ago; pace over ten yards to pull us out the cack for every misplaced back-pass.

EDIT: I do see he gets injured a lot though, maybe not worth another crock on the table.

Someone posted before...weird for me was seeing them rate the Shangri-La as the best hotel in Singapore.

Capella and Fullerton Bay Hotel are far superior...

Gibson was interesting as hs would have played for England U21s between Stones and Garbutt.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...er&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

I just wanted to post this sh*te Guardian article here so we can project some of our transfer-related fume onto its awful standard (typo's, poorly researched things about Everton e.g. remarking that we still want to buy Evans...).

.......if John Stones truly is the player we all think he is then his stock will rise by staying. This is a win, win situation for Stones and Everton in that his worth will increase and he will play regular football. The only losers are Chelsea because if they truly want him they will have to pay significantly more in 12 or 18 months time. Chelsea know this which is why they are trying to get him now.

.......if John Stones truly is the player we all think he is then his stock will rise by staying. This is a win, win situation for Stones and Everton in that his worth will increase and he will play regular football. The only losers are Chelsea because if they truly want him they will have to pay significantly more in 12 or 18 months time. Chelsea know this which is why they are trying to get him now.

If he goes anywhere I would like it to be out of the Prem. Barca or Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back